considering parrelling bulk converters, update hydraulic problem instead

GlennWest

Most of the units other than Victron state no parrelling. Could a diode be used to protect them? Trying not to use a seperate battery. My battery pack 48v.

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I don't know why these units say not to parallel.   Maybe because the units have ac or dirty dc output?  If the output was clean dc you would think you could wire in parallel?  Without knowing I don't know if a diode would work.  Maybe someone has more information on why these can't be used in parallel. 

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

DC does flow in one direction and like voltages can be wired in parallel to increase amps.  However, some say not to parallel and I don't know why. I don't know anything about these.  Do these allow the outputs to be wired to batteries?

Edited by Randyretired

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

I may be jumping to conclusions. Need to checkout my fluid level in my hydraulic system. Motor sounds fine. But wife said lights went out inside when slides going out. Didn't want to push out all the sides together. I had to close other slide controls to push out last slide. This happened same time I put DC/DC converter on use.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

My slides crept out at bottom where slides step up. Sort of relaxed  like, when we came to this park. Happened when traveling. Same time last slide would not go all the way out. Sounds like fluid issues and not power. Lights going out though lead me to amps output. Can't check until slides come in. Think will pick up some hydraulic oil just in case.

Edited by GlennWest

Yes. The wires are at the motor and accessable. Got clamp on meter. According to DeWalt my slides should not creep out unless seals in pump failure or air in system. States if loose voltage should stay in. States also fluid should be halfway when all slides out. Try to check that tomorrow. Off work for now. 

53 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

My slides crept out at bottom where slides step up. Sort of relaxed  like, when we came to this park. Happened when traveling. Same time last slide would not go all the way out. Sounds like fluid issues and not power. Lights going out though lead me to amps output. Can't check until slides come in. Think will pick up some hydraulic oil just in case.

What brand is your hydraulics? HWH states not to use hyd. oil/jack oil.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

8 hours ago, hemsteadc said:

Okay, I know these as buck converters.  Why not just get the Victron which can be paralleled?

May have too. Two 30 amp units are costly. As much as a battery and a charger. But if my problem is in the slide outs may be good with what I have. Try to find out today

Edited by GlennWest

• GlennWest changed the title to considering parrelling bulk converters, update hydraulic problem instead

Ok. Got time to check this out. So I was wrong about the dc/dc converter. Does same on factory 55 amp Iota converter. Lights even go out inside. Mine is a Dewald unit. Never has before gave a problem at all. Ok so slides out at bottom when we got to our destination. The two large living room slides. I have 3 knobs on my pump for each slide out. I have always been able to leave all three enabled and slides go out fine. Now large opposing slides go out fine and bedroom slide stops short. Makes a bumping noisy. I can open, disable, living room slides and bedroom goes completely out then. Now if I close all three valves, enabled, and engage out on switch, bedroom slide comes back in about 6". Leads me to believe bedroom ram bypassing. Will someone with more experience with these system chime in. I am basically guessing here. 

Got up with Lippert, they own Dewald now. He states sounds like low on fluid. With the slides in I suppose to have a half tank. With rams out now I have a half tank. Will check next tow. I was working bedroom slide and with stock Iota inverter lost dc power when going out at inside lights. Pump continued to run. Hooked back up dc/dc converter. Lights just flicker. It is a 60 amp and Iota is 55 amp. So it doing all it can. Now I have a 50 amp circuit relay with a #4 cable to pump motor. I changed it but no difference. My manual gives a detail for drifting slides. Removed out hoses one at a time. Bring in and check for flow from open port. Stated trickle good, flow bad. Check other two same way. But air can do this so will check fluid when leave here. Now I had forgot something. For a while now after setting up hydraulic pump will come on and run a minute and turn off. After a little bit repeat. Do this unit I open the slide ports and stops. So it is leaking by or air.