Register RV at FL DMV

SteveApril

We just started the Fulltime lifestyle a couple of weeks ago.  We are in Bushnell to get our driver's licenses and register the RV.  But now I see that I either have to physically drive my 40' Class A to the DMV so they can verify the VIN or fill out a form (HSMV-82042) which requires "If the verification is performed by someone other than a Notary, the VIN verification can be performed by a Florida Licensed Dealer, Law Enforcement Officer, Military Police Officer, or Florida Compliance Examiner/Inspector (Division of Motorist Services/Tax Collector employee)."

Is there a company or someone I can contact here in Bushnell, Fl to come to the campground I am parked at to verify the VIN?

Check with Sumter Oaks office. They may know of a notary nearby or even in the park. If you're not at Sumter Oaks, the park office where you are may also be able to help.

Edited by Dutch_12078

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I'm in Sumter Oaks now, and we have spent the winters here for the past several years.  It is common for a deputy from the Sheriff's office to come by a site in the park to do a VIN verification.  Lot's of folks come to this park just for that reason.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G