Escapade 60

Today was the first day with a lot of sessions, starting with the opening ceremony. And in two of the venues, the east and west pavilion the acustics is absolutely terrible.I sat thru 4 sessions and understood maybe one word in 10, there is a very bad echo. Now I admit my sense of hearing is awful, done in by the Navy. But my wife with the statdard female 'bat ear super hearing ability' says that she could maybe understand half of what was said.

The preparations for the Escapade are excellent with this one exception. They seem to have thought of just about everything and have dealt with potential problems very well. I guess doing something 60 times counts for something. But they obviously missed the sound quality, I'm no acoustic engineer but it seems if acoustic tiles may have made a big difference. Maybe they should have consulted a sound engineer.

I gave up during the entertainment, a magic show with little magic, and went back to the camper. My wife stuck it out and reported that she could not understand the women magician. And the women driving the transport cart told me she has had a steady stream of folks leaving and most complaining about the sound. My wife said the pavilion was more than half empty by the intermission in the show.

Now I don't want to slam the organizers, just suggest that the add sound quality to their list of things to do. Especially considering the probably more than half the men attending have hearing loss. I just hope the seminars are better or I will have paid a bunch and driven 1800 miles for a disappointment. Those tents were hotter than Hades too, had to be 90 degrees or above inside during the opening ceremony. They might move in some of those giant industrial fans.

Kirk Wood by the way got a well deserved Presidents Award. Congrats Kirk.

Edited by agesilaus

Was told by one of the organizers that the magician/comedian had some flight delays, had to drive up 6 hours from Denver.  Unfortunately, she missed the sound check.  They do perform them, but travel delays are generally unforeseeable.

MyRVRadio - Streaming online 24/7 at MyRVRadio.com and via mobile apps! Content for RVers from RVers.   2018 Grand Design Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)
2016 Harley-Davidson Heritage • 2013 Harley Sportster with a sidecar
Web: https://MyRVRadio.com • Facebook: https://fb.com/MyRVRadio  

11 hours ago, agesilaus said:

Today was the first day with a lot of sessions, starting with the opening ceremony. And in two of the venues, the east and west pavilion the acustics is absolutely terrible.I sat thru 4 sessions and understood maybe one word in 10, there is a very bad echo. Now I admit my sense of hearing is awful, done in by the Navy. But my wife with the statdard female 'bat ear super hearing ability' says that she could maybe understand half of what was said.

The preparations for the Escapade are excellent with this one exception. They seem to have thought of just about everything and have dealt with potential problems very well. I guess doing something 60 times counts for something. But they obviously missed the sound quality, I'm no acoustic engineer but it seems if acoustic tiles may have made a big difference. Maybe they should have consulted a sound engineer.

I gave up during the entertainment, a magic show with little magic, and went back to the camper. My wife stuck it out and reported that she could not understand the women magician. And the women driving the transport cart told me she has had a steady stream of folks leaving and most complaining about the sound. My wife said the pavilion was more than half empty by the intermission in the show.

Now I don't want to slam the organizers, just suggest that the add sound quality to their list of things to do. Especially considering the probably more than half the men attending have hearing loss. I just hope the seminars are better or I will have paid a bunch and driven 1800 miles for a disappointment. Those tents were hotter than Hades too, had to be 90 degrees or above inside during the opening ceremony. They might move in some of those giant industrial fans.

Kirk Wood by the way got a well deserved Presidents Award. Congrats Kirk.

That is too bad. Nothing worse than not being able to hear/understand a performance or presentation. Unless it is the venue being unbearably hot and stuffy...

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

OK first the problem was not just with the magician, it is with any event in the east or west pavillions. The small hall sound is OK and I assume the meeting room over in the hospitality room has good sound too.

Secondly I was walking over to the halls and fell in with a couple, the guy seemed to know about the sound issue and he said that equipment has been ordered to fix the sound reverb problem but failed to arrive in time.

Hopefully it will get here today.

Edited by agesilaus