Fantastic Vent fan thermostat replacement

Just a very simple bi-metal RV furnace thermostat will work. It does not require a power source. I replaces one of mine and it works fine, only difference is the tiny lever works backwards to the OEM 'stat and it's about 1/2 the size. It has the off/on lever on the bottom. It's available with a rotary dial too, just run a search.

Cool only thermostat Bi-metal - Mobile Home Parts Pro

Yes, Fantastic Fan was bought by Dometic/Thetford, lifetime warranty on lid is still valid, as is quality according to those who have replaced the motor since the buyout.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I realize replacing the vent is probably anathema, but that is what I did with the kitchen fan.  It took about three hours to take out the old one and put in the new.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually
2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

• 1 year later...
23 hours ago, Bramblehollow said:

How do you wire the RV furnace Thermostat to work in reverse (ie to turn the fan on when the temp hits 78, instead of turning it off) 

Look at your OEM "stat, compare to that picture. That "stat pictured only has one off position - on the left. When I push the lever to  70 it will not power the fan if indoor temp. is under 70., when indoor temp goes over 70 it turns on the fan.

12V wire to fan is moved to other side of the new 'stat terminals best I remember.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961