Tow Vehicle Rental

JeffreyPMC

Do you know anywhere (preferably Texas)to rent a truck large enough to tow a 45' 5th Wheel (about 5,800 lb pin weight)  Currently using a RAM 5500, but need a replacement for a month or two.

I have checked everything I could find on google (Enterprise, PV, HERC, others), an no luck finding anything with payload/drive train combo available to rent.

Thanks

There really isn't any where you will find a rental for a private person. The only rentals I have found require you to have some sort of a business and business insurance and will be using the vehicle for hire and not pulling a private trailer. Ryder is who I spoke with last summer when I read about their rental program for Class 7 or 8 trucks. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Rent a class 7 semi-tractor from Ryder. Oops already mentioned, sorry Rod.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

On 3/11/2021 at 7:40 PM, JeffreyPMC said:

Do you know anywhere (preferably Texas)to rent a truck large enough to tow a 45' 5th Wheel (about 5,800 lb pin weight)  Currently using a RAM 5500, but need a replacement for a month or two.

I have checked everything I could find on google (Enterprise, PV, HERC, others), an no luck finding anything with payload/drive train combo available to rent.

Thanks

If you are just going to move once or maybe twice, then think about hiring someone to move the trailer for you.  I don't know where to find someone, but start another topic with that question and I'm sure someone has info about that. 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/