coleman mach3 non ductred with heat pump

Just had a new rooftop ac installed in my class C. Prior model was not a heat pump type, it was a regular ac. The installer didn't replace the inside lower panel evidently they thought it would work. Now I find out that I have no heat so I guess i need to find the correct lower unit for heat pump model. I have checked everywhere and anything to do with Coleman is out of stock. Has anyone ran into this problem before?

thanks 

The "lower assembly" in a Coleman is specific to the heat pump, as you have surmised.  We had two Mach 8+ heat pumps installed to replace old A/Cs and they work just fine.  If you had someone install them why not go back and have him fix his mistake?

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Another vote to take the problem back to the original installer.  We have two Mach 8 Plus HP and they work great in both heating and cooling mode.   I do find that they are noisier and  seem to vibrate a bit more than the older Mach units.  And yes, they are properly mounted.  I did find a lot of loose bolts and nuts that needed tightening and some wires and lines needed clamping.  

You might check a salvage place like Colaw to see if they have a salvaged ceiling assembly for your unit.

Ken

Edited by TXiceman

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

35 minutes ago, TXiceman said:

Another vote to take the problem back to the original installer. 

The only problem with taking it back is that it appears to me that the RV tec who put it in was incompetent and may make things even worse. Is it too late to stop the payment for that installation? If not I would take that action first, then find someone to correct the installation and deduct the additional cost from the amount that you pay the first guy. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI