DISH prices go up and down for 2021

DISH has announced a $5/mo increase on most programming packages beginning 1/14/21, and an up to $10/mo DEcrease per unit for owned equipment receiver fees. There's also a new locals only core package at $15/mo that may work for some of us in conjunction with streaming. 

https://my.dish.com/infocenter

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

10 hours ago, GlennWest said:

That is why I no longer use ours. Roku streaming.

If I could count on "streaming strength" Internet everywhere we travel, I would likely drop satellite myself. Starlink may be the answer to that...

Dutch

54 minutes ago, chuckbear said:

Our Dish monthly cost is locked in for two years. So no price increase for us. These increases must be for new subscribers and renewals. Chuck

They're for everyone not on a price lock contract. It's not clear yet whether price locked folks with some owned equipment will see the equipment fee reductions or not.

Edited by Dutch_12078

Dutch

Our price lock was up end of Nov. we worked with loyalty dept and the $72 increase was erased. He was able to find several options to drop the rates and we are right where we were for past two years. 

We lease our equipment so no changes there for us but we do have a reduction as we always had for Hopper 3 and two Joeys. 

The best deal was for one year right now. He said to call back during the year to see if the two year programs get better.  The often do. 

This person was way better to work with than std CSR. 

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

2 hours ago, billr said:The best deal was for one year right now. He said to call back during the year to see if the two year programs get better. 

We do the same Bill.

Mark the anniversary on the calendar, call to terminate coverage, get connected to the retention CSR and try to cut to the chase for decent rate. One time the CSR got us a one month extension and told me to call back in a couple weeks for rate he knew was coming.

It’s a bit of a hassle, especially the wait time after you select the terminate plan option.  Call when you have plenty of time to hold and then listen to the CSR running you through all the “deals”.

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017