American Tradition beeps

RWeigant

Have a 2013 American Tradition 450 Cummings that beeps really loud when I turn on the ignition and while it's running. Yesterday I replaced the engine air filter. Don't think that would be a factor. I thought the jacks were the problem, so I lowered and retracted them.  Brake is on and everything works OK. Nothing I do makes this stop. Any ideas?

Do you have airbags/air brakes?  Is there an air gauge on the dash?  If so I would suspect a low air pressure alarm is the cause.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

After you start the engine it usually take about 4-6 minutes for the compressed air system to reach 120 psi, however the low air pressure alarm should cease about 60 psi, which is where low air pressure automatically activates the spring brakes/ emergency brakes/ parking brakes.(they are all the same thing) Air springs usually begin to inflate near 90-100psi.

Is the travel light on, on your jacks panel? Have you checked hydraulic oil level in the hyd. jacks reservoir?

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

On 12/9/2020 at 1:12 PM, Ray,IN said:

After you start the engine it usually take about 4-6 minutes for the compressed air system to reach 120 psi, however the low air pressure alarm should cease about 60 psi, which is where low air pressure automatically activates the spring brakes/ emergency brakes/ parking brakes.(they are all the same thing) Air springs usually begin to inflate near 90-100psi.

Is the travel light on, on your jacks panel? Have you checked hydraulic oil level in the hyd. jacks reservoir?

Today I went out because I'd had an appointment to take it to Cummings doctor. I went to bring the slides in and no beeping. Started it up, let it warm up for 5 min and still no beep. What's up? This I don't understand.

Found the problem. I have never used the outside antenna (batwing) because we have Dish. I was trying to get TV in the bedroom without any luck until I started looking around and found the coax inside the hole in the wall. I pulled it out, hooked it up and wow, TV. After changing the engine filter I started the engine and got the beep. On another forum one guy said is your antenna up. Well, that was it. I lowered the antenna and life is good again. 

On 12/9/2020 at 1:12 PM, Ray,IN said:

Edited by RWeigant

3 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Just another GREMLIN that lives to cause RVers headaches.  The little things are the ones that drive you crazy!

While I like Barbarok's gremlin theory, something about it still piques my curiosity.  Does anyone have a theory?  Why does the deployment of an antenna cause some alarm to beep? Is it and the alarm on the same circuit; is there another bad ground?  Is there some sort of an antenna deployed alarm that you use instead of looking at it before you move, just like your checklist says?

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Different manufacturers put in warning alarms and/or interlocks based up things that they had seen. Guess a lot of previous owners left antennae’s up which were snapped off, probably while under warranty.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834