Dave Daley

David Daley

I have a 2003 National Tradewinds coach. Cat diesel and Allison trans on a Spartan chassis. The rear passenger side rides a few inches lower than the driver’s side. May be the ride height valve. Not sure. Also, coach “sits down” overnight (airbags deflate) without my dumping air. Any ideas on whether it is a bad ride height valve or another leak in the air system?

Welcome to a generally helpful group. Except most people on here are not night owls so you probably won't get an answer until tomorrow. Yes, I'm still up but I have no knowledge of this topic. Plus, if you change your title to reflect your question more people will read it when they do sign in tomorrow.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

You've described two symptoms, that may, or may not have a common cause: "The rear passenger side rides a few inches lower than the driver’s side." and "Also, coach “sits down” overnight (airbags deflate) without my dumping air."

For the rear passenger side to constantly run a few inches lower than the other side due to an air system problem, there would have to be a big air leak between the leveling valve and the bag (or the bag itself). Suggestion:  First thing after stopping in a fairly quiet area, go back and listen for a prominent hiss.  

If there isn't a big air leak back there, there's probably a mechanical problem.  Most likely, something that is preventing the rear passenger side from fully extending (and perhaps lowering).  Does it lower, after you've parked for awhile?

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

David if it helps here is the Spartan compressed air system for my chassis. When you study the diagram, the rear ride-height valve gets compressed air from the Norgren valve near the front of the chassis. Mine has a slow leak which results in the rear air springs deflating overnight. My chassis sits level when air springs are inflated though.

OMCwVbhl.jpg

When I get Vintage Cool Funny Silly Round Tuit Potholder Dated 1974 I'll remove it and attempt a rebuild.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961