One for Professor

Darryl&Rita

I'm debating if I should drive it or not.  I have ordered one of those inflatable plastic bubbles that you can store cars in.  They have filters for dust and humidity control.  I hope that is going to work OK. 😶

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Bubble the record holder, drive this, 108 mile machine. Currently at $25k, but that's cheap, comparatively.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Sweet, but not nearly as much fun as my '88 with the supercharged 3800 in place of the original 2.8.  It is what the little car should have been had GM's bean counters and the Chevy guys being afraid of what it could do to Corvette sales.

Getting off topic so let me throw in that I just completed full PM on the Volvo (grease, oil, filters, brakes, tires, lights, etc.)   The exhaust system from the engine to the stack is going down hill fast - a combination of rust and 800,000 miles of metal eating diesel fumes.  I have it patched up for what I hope will be at least the next 3,000 miles it will see between December and April.  I'm still thinking I will go for a weed burner with only a resonator or a shorty muffler.  SS flex from engine back.  Use the existing stack for a tailpipe pointing down just aft of the passenger side fuel tank.

PhXWLx7l.jpg

7KsrV91l.jpg

mzLKsldl.jpg

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Is the 3.8 burning rubber yet? Had a factory Bonneville ssei that was a banker's hot rod. Used the NA version in a couple engine swaps, too.  A potent performer for the size. 

Straight pipe that big diesel. We used the old stack tip for a turn down when I put the exhaust under the bed, but I chickened out on straight pipes. I didn't even put the muffler on backwards, like I would have done in the past. The interior baffles were very reminiscent of a Thrush muffler.

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication

Please e-mail us here.

• 1 month later...

Bring a TrailerTrailer pushing my buttons here. Love me some Fox body Mustangs. Pricing is already almost out of my reach, but there's a couple that stand out for me. The 84 SVO would be a sweet ride, the Saleen is already almost too much, and the cop coupe doesn't do anything for me. The GT's are too heavy for what I tend to gravitate to. I always went for the LX hatchbacks. Lightest, stiffest chassis for the money.

Please e-mail us here.