Colorado skp's

bigjim

I  just noticed RV had a current post and am glad to see it.  I know he is in Colorado and other skp's as well. I have been concerned about any that  are in the fire zones up there. I started to PM RV but thought he may have his hands full. So it is a relief to see a post and as I said I hope all others in other locations that are being affected by the fires are fairing well where ever they are located.

Jim,

Wow! Thanks for caring bud. We are fine. There was a fire that almost got out of hand next town over in Manitou Springs. And a bigger one on Fort Carson just South of us. The biggest fire in Colorado's history is burning just west of Boulder. Our weather just changed yesterday from the mid 80s to below freezing yesterday with about three inches accumulation of snow and 4° overnight. Brrr  But the fires died down some from the snow. Funny, we moved here for the clean air and the dry air. Now the smoke from the fires 100 miles away obscures Pike's Peak many days. So air quality has been rated dangerous some of the time here. Worse air near Boulder and Denver. Lots of homes destroyed in Colorado. Nowhere near us so far. Thanks for asking!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

9 hours ago, RV_ said:

Worse air near Boulder and Denver.

We have a niece who was moving to a northwest Denver suburb, but returned to her parents near Santa Cruz, CA for a couple of weeks and the result was that she was there when they evacuated and then were burned out. Now she is back at her new home in Arvada and wondering if they will be next. Laugh at the environmentalists if you must, but we have a growing problem.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, Kirk W said:

We have a niece who was moving to a northwest Denver suburb, but returned to her parents near Santa Cruz, CA for a couple of weeks and the result was that she was there when they evacuated and then were burned out. Now she is back at her new home in Arvada and wondering if they will be next. Laugh at the environmentalists if you must, but we have a growing problem.

Sure hate to hear that.  On this district we still have fire crews out,  Not sure which fire. They park their vehicles near me for security purposes if they leave one at the station and all of them have at least  1 1/2 feet of snow on top.

Kirk sorry to hear that. Laugh at them? No way. Remember everyone thought I was a Greenie and several other choice names here because I invested in and now own a Tesla and? Because I am a car enthusiast who skied Zermatt Switzerland for a week several times in the 90s while stationed in Europe 1990-1997. https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=zermatt+switzerland+electric+cars+only!&qpvt=Zeremat+switzerland+electric+cars+only!&form=IGRE&first=1&scenario=ImageBasicHover

They banned internal combustion engines there in the 1970s. Most countries have already set in place transitions and dates that new ICE age vehicles will no longer be allowed to be sold/imported. Most between 2030 and 2050.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

1 hour ago, RV_ said:

Remember everyone thought I was a Greenie and several other choice names here because I invested in and now own a Tesla and?

While I have not bought into Tesla, I hadn't looked at that as being an environmentalist, although I suppose that some might. For me, at this point in life I do not invest in individual stocks but rather in stock funds for the lower risk. If I were much younger I probably would have done as you have, or at least put some into the company. There is little doubt that oil is not the long term future for automobiles, but as one who is nearing the age of 80, I doubt that I'll be here to see the complete demise. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI