Finding Potable Water Source?

Boutdone

Greetings, I have just begun my "boondocking" experience and after searching the topic herein, I did not find an answer to my predicament. I have zero plans on staying at an RV park, at least, that is my intention. where would I find places to fill my 20 gallon tank with potable water? any suggestions would be most appreciated. I'm spending the winter in New Mexico and Arizona before moving northerly in the spring.  😎

If you are wiling to stop by cities in your travels city water treatment plants often have a public faucet. Many people who travel from one boondock spot to another often check into a park every now and then to dump and fill sometimes using their facilities to fully charge batteries, take showers, and do laundry. We have stopped in state parks just long enough to fill without actually camping there; some charge a small fee for that but some don't charge. Some truck stops have public faucets and a few even have public dumps. Some Cabela's offer overnight stays and even more have free water and dumps.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Part of the answer depends on where you plan to spend your time. Most of the LTVA areas have water, a dump station, and trash receptacles available. Many truck stops now have such services available, sometimes with a small fee. Many RV parks will also allow you to make use of the fill & empty services for a fee. With a 20 gallon tank you will need to fill pretty frequently.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI