Tesla stock split

rynosback

Tesla, Inc. (Nasdaq: TSLA) announced today that the Board of Directors has approved and declared a five-for-one split of Tesla’s common stock in the form of a stock dividend to make stock ownership more accessible to employees and investors. Each stockholder of record on August 21, 2020 will receive a dividend of four additional shares of common stock for each then-held share, to be distributed after close of trading on August 28, 2020. Trading will begin on a stock split-adjusted basis on August 31, 2020

looks like they are following Apple. 😀 

Edited by rynosback

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

• 2 weeks later...

Tesla went over $2000.00 a share today. My 1000 shares would be worth $2,000,000.00!

save_the_planet_kill_yourself.jpg

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Thanks, yes. But no, not really because I did very well and called the 2019 dip right when we were moving and buying a house. I just wish more of my friends listened and held. But I had no idea.

My son bought in at $150 years ago. He sold at $400 then bought back when it came back down to under $400. He has the same shares now as before. He listened. I was just getting to feel too old to move later in my 70s. It's the packing and unpacking, then remodeling to our taste, then figuring out and decorating a new place! RVing is different I could handle that! But SWMBO loved RVing for most of our seven years full time, and declared us done save a part time rig. Class A, C, or even a big class B van.

We are in a great place now. No more moves.

Coulda woulda shoulda right?

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

2 hours ago, RV_ said:

Thanks, yes. But no, not really because I did very well and called the 2019 dip right when we were moving and buying a house. I just wish more of my friends listened and held. But I had no idea. MY son bought in at $150 years ago. He sold at $400 then bought back when it came back down to under $400. He has the same shares now as before. He listened. I was just getting to feel too old to move. We are in a great place now.

Coulda woulda shoulda right?

I know, I keep forgetting to look at my crystal ball. I’m long Nio, they are taking an interesting approach with BASS. Kind cool in my book, as you can keep up with battery technology. 

Edited by rynosback

Yeah, I need to get my crystal ball recalibrated! ;) Got some links for NIO and BASS, I have no idea what they are?

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

On 8/21/2020 at 11:13 PM, RV_ said:

Yeah, I need to get my crystal ball recalibrated! ;) Got some links for NIO and BASS, I have no idea what they are?

https://www.nio.com

Click on Nio power initiation, watch reply. 

Edited by rynosback

Ah battery swap stations! Neat operation.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

On 8/24/2020 at 12:05 AM, RV_ said:

Ah battery swap stations! Neat operation.

Hope you picked up some shares? Up 40% in the past week. I think this is going to be as big as Tesla. 

Edited by rynosback

Ryno great tip I lagged and I believe it is a miss now. But it is on my radar now, thanks.

Did you get in at $2 or so?

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

On 8/27/2020 at 12:07 PM, RV_ said:

Ryno great tip I lagged and I believe it is a miss now. But it is on my radar now, thanks.

Did you get in at $2 or so?

No, I should have put 20-50k into it then. I’m in for about $5.50. Been holding it for a year so far. I see a pull back coming. To me it looks like support is $11.10. I’ll buy a bunch more then. I’m still waiting on Tesla to pull back. I think there might be a good entry point with in a couple of weeks of the split. 

I'm hoping but I can only afford 50 shares now and if it drops to 500 I can get 200 shares. And that may be my final investment and hold. Hindsight is 20/20 it doesn't look like anyone here took the Tesla ride with me from the start and held one year longer than I did. It will be funny if the MJ markets do what Tesla did whenever, not if, the country wakes up and legalizes it federally. I do use CBD now that I've found a gummy with 20 mg CBD and no THC (No buzz). I'd like to see more folks getting the benefits of real CBD and have heard horror stories of fake or actually dangerous fake CBD in states without the possibility of oversight. It is coming and may even rescue some of my too early investment but who knew. Lots of folks got in deep with $40 a share MJ stocks when I bought mine at $3- 5. I have learned to now take my profits anytime a stock doubles it within a few weeks like ACB did initially.

Anyway I may be wrong but I get the feeling NIO is where ACB was when it peaked before the drop back down. I am still looking for another Elon Musk to invest into. I had five years to watch and follow him from 2003 - 2008 when he debuted the Roadster made in the Lotus factory in the UK. Then we had to wait two more years until Tesla IPO'd in 2010. Like my website and posting here I am not as eager to risk in today's market. I did think the switch to a bear market and major correction would have happened by now and whenever whatever is propping up the market in the middle of this Pandemic and unemployment and drop in GDP as well as a lot of folks losing faith in institutions we thought rock steady.

It is cloudy, and not from smoke for a change. Many of our friends in Cameron Louisiana lost everything. An uncle had a 60 foot shrimp trawler there in the 70s and my FIL moved down there and had a LaFitte Skiff that dragged one big net. We would take my whole 30 days of annual leave to go down and spend time with them working their boats and bringing home enough iced shrimp we headed to sell up here in Colorado as we were assigned here to the Academy 1978-1981. They quit shrimping by then. And we moved back for college when I was 29. So we knew the fish houses we went to at first light to fill our holds with Ice and fuel up for 12-15 hours out on the Gulf in the fresh air and sunshine, and sold our catch to the same fish house on the way back to dock. And Cameron got leveled last week in the Hurricane. So I've been glad we moved and missed the 70mph winds that our old house got, but feeling badly for folks that live there. A bit sad for them, and the folks that lost everything in the fires here and in California. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :rolleyes:

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

1 hour ago, RV_ said:

I'm hoping but I can only afford 50 shares now and if it drops to 500 I can get 200 shares. And that may be my final investment and hold. Hindsight is 20/20 it doesn't look like anyone here took the Tesla ride with me from the start and held one year longer than I did. It will be funny if the MJ markets do what Tesla did whenever, not if, the country wakes up and legalizes it federally. I do use CBD now that I've found a gummy with 20 mg CBD and no THC (No buzz). I'd like to see more folks getting the benefits of real CBD and have heard horror stories of fake or actually dangerous fake CBD in states without the possibility of oversight. It is coming and may even rescue some of my too early investment but who knew. Lots of folks got in deep with $40 a share MJ stocks when I bought mine at $3- 5. I have learned to now take my profits anytime a stock doubles it within a few weeks like ACB did initially.

Anyway I may be wrong but I get the feeling NIO is where ACB was when it peaked before the drop back down. I am still looking for another Elon Musk to invest into. I had five years to watch and follow him from 2003 - 2008 when he debuted the Roadster made in the Lotus factory in the UK. Then we had to wait two more years until Tesla IPO'd in 2010. Like my website and posting here I am not as eager to risk in today's market. I did think the switch to a bear market and major correction would have happened by now and whenever whatever is propping up the market in the middle of this Pandemic and unemployment and drop in GDP as well as a lot of folks losing faith in institutions we thought rock steady.

It is cloudy, and not from smoke for a change. Many of our friends in Cameron Louisiana lost everything. An uncle had a 60 foot shrimp trawler there in the 70s and my FIL moved down there and had a LaFitte Skiff that dragged one big net. We would take my whole 30 days of annual leave to go down and spend time with them working their boats and bringing home enough iced shrimp we headed to sell up here in Colorado as we were assigned here to the Academy 1978-1981. They quit shrimping by then. And we moved back for college when I was 29. So we knew the fish houses we went to at first light to fill our holds with Ice and fuel up for 12-15 hours out on the Gulf in the fresh air and sunshine, and sold our catch to the same fish house on the way back to dock. And Cameron got leveled last week in the Hurricane. So I've been glad we moved and missed the 70mph winds that our old house got, but feeling badly for folks that live there. A bit sad for them, and the folks that lost everything in the fires here and in California. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :rolleyes:

No, the big difference is pot stocks do not have a legal global market. And NIO’s are legal in every place around the world. I agree with you, that I should have taken profits on the pot stocks I own also. I have one that is doing well and all of the other have gone to shit. But I’m sure in 5 plus years they will be up nicely. 
I have been waiting for the market to correct thousands of points ago. Like you said unemployment and the GDP are a total disconnect from the market. But until the fed stops printing money and back stopping the market it might just keep going. A second lock down will be devastating. Then when people stop paying loans and mortgages and credit cards, the shit will really hit the fan. A day of reckoning is coming, it just how bad is it going to be. 
Glad to hear that your family is no longer in that area. 

Edited by rynosback

Yep, but my 5000 shares of ACB are now 416.667 shares with that reverse 12/1 split. No way to break even, but a valuable lesson learned. But it was and remains discretionary funds which I prefer not to lose but am not hurt. I have 1000 Shares of NBEV and had 5000 of ACB. Hell, you can't win them all.

I do agree with your assessment of markets and legalities do put a different spin on NIO versus MJ stocks.

I was hesitant to invest in the Indian BEV companies, some of which like Tata motors are huge relative to all but a few US manufacturers. http://www.walkthroughindia.com/industry/top-10-electric-vehicles-manufacturers-in-india/

But until Tesla there was no real market for millions of highway capable full size BEVs. So things will change as they always do. Nio is as good a bet as Tesla was in 2010. But you've got my interest too now.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Ryno,

I just put in an order for 250 shares of Tesla when it goes below $350 a share. I anticipate a low opening next Tuesday. Have a look. I can do that again later if it drops any lower than that. What I think we're seeing are the last of the shorts who held out trying to get out as low as they could and stair stepped it down. This puts me at at 40% stocks and 60% cash and I am following my gut on these. I am leery of Money markets now because I see the dollar slipping a bit more in the near future. I believe Tesla will exceed $2k a share within a year or immediately after any recession recovery great or otherwise.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

On 9/4/2020 at 4:47 PM, RV_ said:

Ryno,

I just put in an order for 250 shares of Tesla when it goes below $350 a share. I anticipate a low opening next Tuesday. Have a look. I can do that again later if it drops any lower than that. What I think we're seeing are the last of the shorts who held out trying to get out as low as they could and stair stepped it down. This puts me at at 40% stocks and 60% cash and I am following my gut on these. I am leery of Money markets now because I see the dollar slipping a bit more in the near future. I believe Tesla will exceed $2k a share within a year or immediately after any recession recovery great or otherwise.

Congratulations, you now own 250 shares. I’m still waiting to where I think their floor of support is. To me it looks like $280 is their floor. 

Yeah I felt $300 but ended up with 285 shares. My calculations were wrong earlier on my amount versus shares. I've never had a potential loss on my Tesla shares but this price is well below what I think will happen on release of the Cybertruck later this year, and the battery day announcements in 12 days.

https://www.thestreet.com/video/tesla-battery-day-jim-cramer#:~:text=Tesla's 'Battery Day' on September 22%2C 2020. In,Musk will say on September 22%2C” Cramer said.

I had a wild hair to change it to $330.00 but held it at $350 rather than miss the next big rise. I fully expect to see $1000 a share at some time in the near (6 Months ) future. I am back to Tesla as a Tesla bull since I see no other investments with the energy, vehicle, industrial power generation battery farms, solar, and battery potential like Tesla. We shall see. I think $300 may be the floor but I was wrong at $350. I almost went $400, so glad I did not.

I don't think there is any doubt it will go way up on positive news.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

On 9/8/2020 at 7:06 PM, RV_ said:

Yeah I felt $300 but ended up with 285 shares. My calciulations were wrong earlier on my amount versus shares. I've never had a potential loss on my Tesla shares but this price is well below what I think will happen on release of the Cybertruck later this year, and the battery day announcements in 12 days.

https://www.thestreet.com/video/tesla-battery-day-jim-cramer#:~:text=Tesla's 'Battery Day' on September 22%2C 2020. In,Musk will say on September 22%2C” Cramer said.

I had a wild hair to change it to $330.00 but held it at $350 rather than miss the next big rise. I fully expect to see $1000 a share at some time in the near (6 Months ) future. I am back to Tesla as a Tesla bull since I see no other investments with the energy, vehicle, industrial power generation battery farms, solar, and battery potential like Tesla. We shall see. I think $300 may be the floor but I was wrong at $350. I almost went $400, so glad I did not.

I don't think there is any doubt it will go way up on positive news.

So you think Tesla is going to see 700% gains this year? 

Edited by rynosback

332 was the bottom price last week.

Remember in 2018 when it hit a record high of 365 or so. I sold on the way down because I did not want to wait a couple of years. While it would have just been a year If you go back to my posts I knew it would come back even higher within a year or so.

I feel that way now. I got in at a good price at $350, and expect it to go at least to $700 to $1000 a share within a year or so as well unless the correction/recession comes.

The government support of keeping the economy alive is just devaluing the dollar because they are just printing more. So now I am again looking to get out of cash and Tesla was a good way for some of the cash.

A recent Cramer article on Market watch was really interesting:

"His data show that there are 63 companies with a share price at or above $250, up from 44, as of Aug 12, 14 companies with stocks at $500 and over, up from 10 at the end of 2019; nine trading at or above $750 a share, up from six, and seven companies boasting a share price of $1,000 or greater, two more than the end of last year, and two issues that carry a price tag of $2,000 a share or better, when there were none at the end of 2019.

"CNBC’s Cramer said that he favors a stock split for Amazon.com Inc. AMZN, -1.77%, Google parent Alphabet Inc GOOGL, -0.66%. , Chipotle Mexican Grill CMG, -0.87%, Netflix, Nvidia NVDA, -1.15%, Adobe ADBE, -1.01%, Costco Wholesale COST, -0.14%, Home Depot HD, 1.33%, Facebook Inc FB, -0.56%. and Microsoft Corp. MSFT, -0.65%

Amazon, whose shares closed at around $3,161 on Thursday, hasn’t split its stock since 1999."

That article in full is here: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/companies-are-weighing-stock-splits-after-tesla-and-apples-announcements-expert-says-11597404072

I may need to find some stocks from that list to buy that I feel would be resistant to inflation and market corrections. I had no idea how high Amazon and others on that list were now trading for. The ones on that list that are lower may not soar as much but a stock split makes all of them attractive. But which will split? Nobody knows. The market can't be timed.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Ryno,

Thanks for getting my attention on the post split TSLA value. I bought 8 days ago on 8 Sep for $350.00 a share. It's premarket price tonight is 451.11. That's $101.11 profit if I sold now on each of my shares. If I round $451.11 to $450.00 that's $28,500.00 profit in eight days! It's good to be back long on the Tesla roller coaster ride.😉

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

17 hours ago, RV_ said:

Ryno,

Thanks for getting my attention on the post split TSLA value. I bought 8 days ago on 8 Sep for $350.00 a share. It's premarket price tonight is 451.11. That's $101.11 profit if I sold now on each of my shares. If I round $451.11 to $450.00 that's $28,500.00 profit in eight days! It's good to be back long on the Tesla roller coaster ride.😉

I was hoping it was going to go down a little more. Guess I will just wait until the next pull back. 

There's a good chance you'll get the chance. If it does I'll consider it another buy opportunity for me too.

The folks thinking the ICE age auto manufacturers who are talking smack about beating Tesla out of market share are just plain wrong. See, the reality is that none of the new BEV competitors has a world wide Supercharger network. Plain all day public chargers at only 10-30 miles of range per hour of charging do slow down the charging process, and long trips beyond its range will be a PITA.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998