How full are the truck-stops

Wrknrvr

We have not traveled since March 23rd.  And we are not near any well travel highways or interstate highways. So I am curious how full the truck-stops are. Sorta using that info as for how the economy is doing.

Yesterday at the local Costco the upper storage shelves were maybe 3/4 full. They are rationing paper product at this Costco. Also canned veggie stuff is very limited.

The other thing is the new car lots have about 60 percent of the capacity filled. Local big camper dealer has apparently sold lots of units, but replacement units are not showing up.

However In northwest Montana the local workers are busy with work and visitors are swarming to Glacier NP..

we are hiding for the duration of the present situation. Planning on sitting through the winter in Montana.

Stay Safe everyone,   Vern

North of The Medicine Line is kinda the same Vern.

People are going back to old fashioned recreation- paddling, boating, hiking, RV and tent camping, motorcycling, cycling, etc based out of home base. 

Economy is gaining momentum. 

I was going to phone you we could meet at the border and set up our chairs for an international visit across the ditch...

But I don’t know if I’ll get over your way ... have to start work preparing an igloo to winter over in soon...

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

I will wave when I go out again. 

Yep it sure looks like sitting still maybe the thing to do till spring. Then reassess then situation at hand.

But I am free. No more people stopping by while I am working on my stuff.

Many moons ago I cut ice out of a pond and made an igloo.  It was neat looking at night with lights inside.

Hope that fridge is working,   Vern

To answer your question, every truck stop I've been in have very few open parking spaces, of course up until about 10PM the reserved spaces are empty.  Yes,  truckers call call ahead and reserve a parking spot at the point where they run  out of driving hours-for a fee.

This is the main reason I only overnight at a PFJ with RV spaces out front, if I  can't locate a nearby CG first.Truck drivers have it rough during this pandemic. I try to stay out of their way, they are earning a living, I'm playing retired.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961