Tim and Peggy

sensors part two - I give up...BUT

Good morning, I have thrown in the proverbial towel (not into the sink or toilet). But now I have a new curiosity. When we empty anything, or any amount of water into the kitchen sink the "gurgle" is load and annoying. I have the valve closed in an effort to fill the tank and try (again) to clean the sensors. But It is counter-intuitive when we empty the sink, dishwasher or washing machine that we hear this damn gurgle.

Is it symptomatic of a blockage? IT IS ANNOYING. I presume and think I know that we cannot snake the lines in our beautiful, expensive motor homes, but how does one "clean the lines?" Obviously when I (and many of you) would have any issue, we would call the plumber and snake the lines and if it were a real blockage we would jet the lines to clean them out. 

The good news is (I guess) that when I open the gray valve the tank empty's but how do I know, the damn sensors don't read properly? 

There I go again, it all goes back to the sensors. Oops!

Ideas, thoughts? Guess I have too much time on my hand if I am going to obsess about this?

Stay safe and thanks.

1 hour ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Sounds like no air behind the water, and the water is pulling air through the traps. Check your Air Admittance Valve.

th_under-sink.jpg

You can get a new one from Home Depot, Lowe's, most hardware stores, or Amazon. They are commonly called a plumbing vent. 

Edited by Kirk W

21 minutes ago, Tim and Peggy said:

Now if you can get the sensors to work...

The only really reliable system that I am aware of is the Sea Level. 

We have the See Level in our trailer and they work pretty well.  I have had them mess up a couple of time in 7 years full time use, but it will clear with a good flush or rinse.

Ken