2004 Volvo 630 Headlights

longhauler

We just acquired a 2004 Volvo 630 with some pretty severely faded headlights. I will be trying to polish them with the usual sandpaper, and polish along with trying to spray them with bug spray as well. Assuming the housing and projectors are beyond saving, what do folks think about the following headlights? Also need to come up with a name for the new tow pig. Our F-550 was named "trigger".

https://www.raneystruckparts.com/volvo-vnl-vt-blackout-projection-headlights-with-led-bar-2004-newer/

Volvo_VN_VNL_Blackout_Headlihts.jpg

volvo4.jpeg

Edited by longhauler

Thanks. I had looked at them and they look nice. I had a set of HIDs in my Escalade for a number of years but the bulb and ballast costs were so high I upgraded the next years housings and went LED. Brighter and clearer than even my HID setup on the Escalade. I have noticed that the costs on the ballasts have gone down too. I thought this set of housings might work with a good set of LEDs. Has anyone installed this set of housings before? Are they holding up? Leaking? etc. If Led what bulbs did you end up using with it?

Volvo_VN_VNL_Blackout_Headlihts.jpg

Edited by longhauler

Some of the aftermarket housings deteriorate faster than the originals.  In my opinion save up your money and call David at https://deepspacelighting.com/  The original lamps were crap even when new (very disappointing in a Volvo).  David’s lights are a huge improvement over the original equipment and he is an active member here.

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

Volvo dealer in FL. Had refurbished original housings at a very good price.  $250 each I think.  They looked brand new.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee