Snow ??? for FTers in Southern Idaho

We are trying to decide one of two places to settle for a year or so. We like to go to different places every year or so and remain stationary in between. One of the places is Twin Falls, Idaho. I understand that the winters are cold and about 30+ inches of snow a year. For those that are full time RVers and stay thru the winters, What do you do about the snow-load on your RV? Do you kept it swept off or ignore it? What would be your advise?
I'm in a 5th wheel and not too worried about the temperature but more worried about snow.

• LMSVA changed the title to Snow ??? for FTers in Southern Idaho

Your biggest problem will be to keep warm and plumbing from freezing. We began our married life in a small mobile home in Blackfoot and later spent 18 years in Wyoming. My best advice is to move south for winter. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

During a normal winter you experience temps in the minus 20's to 30's. Snow doesn't melt it just evaporates in the low humidity. 

I wouldn't recommend any wintering that has snow a part of winter. 

We spent two winters in Idaho Falls. Minus 30's intown. Saw minus 48 out on the desert. Summer was warm. Evenings cool.

Good luck. 

Bill

Bill & Lynn Baxter

MCI102A3 Conversion, Detroit Diesel S50  

dolphins.jpgVisitedStatesMap.jpgVisitedProvincesMap.jpg

I spent a winter in Arco, -41 one night, no wind chill. Never got above freezing for 7 weeks. Froze the battery in my car and froze my roommates tire to the ground in his 4X4 Bronco. We had to chip the ice up to free it.

Stores had electrical outlets in the parking lots to plug your tank heater into. Very little snow in Arco tho, it is in the mountain wind shadow. Not a place I would want to spend the winter in an RV barring some very serious winterizing efforts.

The area and the people are fantastic tho.

I've been told that the valley along Hwy 95 and near the Washington border has somewhat more temperate winters. I think the natives call it 'long valley'

long valley

Edited by agesilaus