Air Bags

Chuck

2003 VNL 610

Looking for the most likely culprit for intermittent air down of rear air bags. While stuck for awhile, I make a practice of starting the rig about once per week. Sometimes they go down overnight. It has now been 3 days and they are still up. Would there be a most likely cause here. The bags are new, with new fittings. I never hear any leaking.

44 minutes ago, Chuck said:

2003 VNL 610

Looking for the most likely culprit for intermittent air down of rear air bags. While stuck for awhile, I make a practice of starting the rig about once per week. Sometimes they go down overnight. It has now been 3 days and they are still up. Would there be a most likely cause here. The bags are new, with new fittings. I never hear any leaking.

The leveling valve would be my first guess.  I replaced the air bags,  the fittings and the valve and the bags stay filled for a week or more.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

I'm not a good example because my air goes down in about 30 minutes. However, my seats leak so bad I have installed shutoff valves in those lines. There is so many places to leak I don't know how anyone ever gets them all to stop.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

38 minutes ago, Brad & Jacolyn said:

I'm not a good example because my air goes down in about 30 minutes. However, my seats leak so bad I have installed shutoff valves in those lines. There is so many places to leak I don't know how anyone ever gets them all to stop.

Brad

Buy an old truck that has compression fittings?

I would not have any expectation of the suspension holding air if the supply tanks have leaked down. It is an ongoing battle to keep air in these things.

12 hours ago, Chuck said:

While stuck for awhile, I make a practice of starting the rig about once per week.

You're not doing your truck any favors doing this.  Once a month is plenty, and when you start it, drive it at least 20-30 minutes to get everything warm enough to cook out the condensation.

I agree with the advice above, it's likely your leveling valve.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net