MicroCrap buggy Updates Continue!

Pieere

😜  Just read an Article on Google news about the DEC. Update throws a endless loop if using AutoPilot!  😨 Just wanted to give an heads up to those who do!

Oh; Microsoft tells you it has been removed or how to do it manually. My updates are paused indefinitely or unless forced to do them!

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

Pieere,

I am not trying to convince you to update as your experience could be 180 degrees from mine. Your fears are not irrational at all. I just use Microsoft's Windows 7 imaging programs and burn an image before major up dates on my ol reliable Thermaltake USB3 external drive dock on my 20 3.5" storage drives, for my main all in one and my two Surface tablets, the Pro 7 i7 and the Surface Go 8GB/128GB. The Surface Pro 4 i7/8GB/256GB is getting sold once I'm sure I have all I need from it. I already sold the Pro 3 4GB/128GB. My backup tower I intend to sell too. But the crappy $100.00 Voyo mini PC is still going strong too and I'm keeping it for fun. I'm also keeping the 27" quad HD (2k) monitor for use with my Surface Pro 7 with the dock as my real backup as the pics and 200+ GBs of ripped m3 and my pics are backed up as files and images from my main All in one which come in on the 19th of this month. I did have an issue resetting the Pro 7 after the update but resolved with a clean install. My bad for setting it up wrong to begin with.

Why? Because I downsized and have no room for multiple computer setups. No systems in the spare bedroom anymore. One is my office the other the guest BR with a Murphy bed.

I'm not using Autopilot, and no issues this time around. Not on my brand new Intel 10th gen systems nor my older Surface Pro4 Lenovo all in one or fifth Gen tower system connected to a quad HD 27" top line Acer monitor. Even the teeny Voyo mini PC went smoothly. But it is good practice to delay a few weeks. Apple is having even worse update woes now, in addition to dragging their feet on hardware Mac upgrades, and falling further behind Android for the phone market due to less innovation than ever, and the Surface Go is a sleeper on the tablet horizon. https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2019/11/08/apple-ios-1322-release-should-you-upgrade-iphone-update/#7e6072b5687e

The Apple iPad which still can't run full Mac programs actually costs more than the Surface Go like I just bought! The iPad with 128GB of storage starts at $429 while the full Windows computer Surface Go with an actual 128GB SSD not eMMC like the 64GB Go, starts at $399.99-499.99. I immediately changed the Windows S on my Go to regular Windows 10. It seems as responsive as the Surface Pro series.

Can anyone point me to a webpage with the specs for iPad storage. Nowhere do they say, just storage. The Go comes with non SSD eMMC in the 64GB storage. It jumps up to an actual SSD in the one with 128GB storage. Thus my choice of the 128GB version.

In addition all the Surface devices have micro SD cards and my Pro 7 can handle 1TB cards but for me I'm using three 128GB micro SD cards. maybe later I'll go to a 256GB Samsung extreme when they come down under $30.00 and they will.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

RV: I was informing people on how to correct the Autopilot to prevent problems with their computers!  

Never did I mention Apple! I have an RCA tablet and my old Gateway Computer and pleased I found the article before I got stung in a loop! TY!

1 hour ago, Pieere said:

RV: I was informing people on how to correct the Autopilot to prevent problems with their computers!  

Never did I mention Apple! I have an RCA tablet and my old Gateway Computer and pleased I found the article before I got stung in a loop! TY!

Except you didn't tell us anything. You didn't give a link to where you read the information, instructions on how to disable Autopilot, or how to even tell if Autopilot was active. Your post came off as fear mongering clickbait, as if ripped from the pages of The National Enquirer. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

On 12/14/2019 at 9:56 AM, Darryl&Rita said:

Except you didn't tell us anything. You didn't give a link to where you read the information, instructions on how to disable Autopilot, or how to even tell if Autopilot was active. Your post came off as fear mongering clickbait, as if ripped from the pages of The National Enquirer. 

Apparently you didn't read! I said it is on Google News. It is in the Technology section! You don't bash me! You are no more important than I am ! So get off your pedestal and come down to Earth! 

Edited by Pieere
Corrected a misnomer!

• Kirk W locked this topic