Converter Problems

brandman

I have a 2012 Bighorn 3070RL.  The paperwork I have says the converter is an Inteli Power PD9200 Series (unsure of exact model number).  We came back after an overnight to find both house batteries dead, no lights and no DC power to refrigerator.  First thing this morning I replaced both batteries.  I now have 12.5 volts DC, but no indication that the converter is charging batteries.  (I checked DC voltage across battery cables and reading was 0.) I checked the DC fuse panel and could not find a fuse for the battery/converter or anything that looked like it might be applicable.  Is there a fuse somewhere that I may be overlooking?  We have been in our fifth wheel for some time now, and I haven't changed anything so I didn't hook batteries up backwards or anything and can't think of anything that would have caused a short.  Please keep answers as simple as possible since my knowledge of electricity might fill one line on this post.  Thanks in advance.

Doug

7 hours ago, brandman said:

(I checked DC voltage across battery cables and reading was 0.)

Are you sure that you are measuring the voltage properly? If you have 12V power it should measure somewhere between 14V and 11V between the battery posts if measured properly. 

7 hours ago, brandman said:

I now have 12.5 volts DC

Where did you get this voltage reading? How did you measure it? 

battery_voltage_check\

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI