Dometic fridge showing E1 error code

noteven

Update as of 7/09/2020 -

The fridge has been functioning on AC without an issue since last post. I moved the trailer off it's place two days ago to do a water system repair in a shop. When I disconnected AC shore power the fridge switched to LP like it should. It ran ok on LP for 6 hours. No error codes etc. Now back on AC running fine. 

I checked in the back as recommended by wrknrvr and all is pretty clean etc. I have not done the gas valve solenoid check mentioned by SavenTheWhales ^.

When I get a day around camp I'll do some longer term LP runs and check stuff out to see if the error happens again.

As of today Red Green's Principle of Leave 'er has it running as it should again.... 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

• 2 years later...

Guys, you mentioned "gas pressure". My refrigerator is supplied only by electricity (small van), and there is no gas. I can see Error 01 all the time. The device works properly. How should I erase the error, and could you warn me what kind of disaster is just around the corner?

34 minutes ago, art_PL said:

How should I erase the error, and could you warn me what kind of disaster is just around the corner?

It would help a lot if you would identify what model of Dometic refrigerator you have. With that information we can probably locate a copy of the service manual. The following comes from Dometic general error code information but there is no way for us to give more information without the exact model.

Possible Solution

1. Power unit down by turning off the circuit breaker(s) or unplugging the unit for one (1) minute.
  2. Power unit up by turning on the circuit breaker(s) or plugging back in. Monitor the refrigerator for one (1) minute to ensure the error code does not display again.
  3. Verify refrigerator operation.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 4 months later...

Update - the other day my granddotter and I broke out the test meter. She took up station inside to operate fridge controls and I hollered instructions from outside - measured volts and watched and listened while she operated controls. 

Working on AC. E1 code. No working on gas. I forgot to check ohms. Volts ok. I shut down AC and DC power and disturbed the connectors at the board and solenoid by removing each and scritch scratched the connections carefullyto clean them up. Reconnected them. 

Success! The fridge operates correctly on AC. No code. Switch to gas. Burner ignites looking good. 

I left it 24 hours on LP then dared it by removing the temporary small fridge I had brought aboard to the shop here at base for storage of essential malt beverages. 

Running fine. Back to AC. Check. Switch to gas. Check. Couple days later two power outtages in two days. Auto to gas perfectly. 

Held temp at 34F through a few 85-90F humid days.  

On a side note I have no need to fill this large fridge completely with chilled and frozen food. While I was too lazy to fix it I was using it as a dry grocery pantry. Once I got it going I kept storing some of the dry and canned foodstuffs in it. It always was a pretty steady fridge but it now keeps it's cool in hot weather even better with more stuff in it. 

Thanks for the original suggestions and tips.  I'll update if anything changes. 

Glad you found it. I have found that solves lots of RV electrical anomalies. As well, I do the same at power pedestals in RV parks. Before plugging in I turn the breaker off then plug in and remove the plug 5 or 6 times before turning on the breaker. Knocks off some of the oxidation and keeps the 30 Amp power cord from melting if too much resistance inside. I never had that problem with 50 Amp on our second rig. But did it a couple times anyway.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

On 6/15/2023 at 2:40 PM, noteven said:

Update - the other day my granddotter and I broke out the test meter. She took up station inside to operate fridge controls and I hollered instructions from outside - measured volts and watched and listened while she operated controls. 

Glad to hear all is good with the fridge............I was thinking the other day, I haven't seen a post from you for awhile..

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

Update to the update - E1 gas code came back while I was away truck campin for some days but the fridge is cooling properly on electric energy. Cycle the fridge off and on clears code. We had thunderstorms, possible shower power blinkage... not saying it's fixed yet...

The 1986 "Made in Sweden" Dometic in my 1986 Bigfoot truck camper just works. Ran 5 months and 17 days snowbirdin without 1 "issue".