Crashes on I 10

rdickinson

Couple of bad crashes on I- 10 today in the pm.  At least 1 possibly more semi units wrecked on the side of the road in the eastbound lane West of Mobile,  traffic tied up for at least 2 miles.  Lots of equipment on scene.

Further up the road, same direction 1 maybe 2 5th wheel rvs totaled along with one dually.  Looked like the trailers had blown up.

Further west before NO a womans car blew up throwing a piston rod and engine contents all over the road starting grass fires on both sides.  Used all my Ice water, apple juice, Gatorade and Dr Pepper plus trashed a 150$ set of Brooks sneakers stomping out the embers until wrecker driver tossed me a 5 lb dry chem.

An exciting day

You wasted Dr. Pepper on a grass fire?? Next time, drink the Dr. Pepper and pee on the fire.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

24 minutes ago, Big5er said:

You wasted Dr. Pepper on a grass fire?? Next time, drink the Dr. Pepper and pee on the fire.

No, really, that plus Coke, Gatorade and water all donated by Coke in Epiloka on a tornado rebuild project.  I flew to Birmingham rented a car, drove to Epiloka, did a week there then down to Panama City and Destin then on to Mandeville on a Habitat project.

There must have been a dozen HDT's drive by, all with extinguishers but none stopped to help.  Had there been a crosswind, it would have gone into the trees.

The rig has 4 ABC's...

I'll look you up on my next trip, it may be Galveston at Xmas...not sure.

1 hour ago, Big5er said:

Just to be clear, you drink Dr. Pepper so you're always prepared for fire fighting? 😉

I mean, you wouldn't want to get caught with a case of Dr. Pepper and nothing with which to fight a fire...

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:43 PM, jkoenig24 said:

You DON'T carry your own fire extinguishers?

This trip came up fast with only a week to make arrangements so I flew down to Birmingham and rented a car so no rig with 4 extinguishers.

Normally I'd head south in December in the RV

The rentals don't have extinguishers so I used what was at hand until the wrecker showed up and pitched me a 5 pounder.  I hit the flames with the ABC  and he stomped out the embers.  Cops were glad there was no wind to push the fire into the trees or we would have been in a lot of trouble.

This is the 4th fire I've come across and wouldn't mind having something better to fight them, Forestry backpack with foam???

I tried to edit my previous comment but the system wouldn't let me.