Norcold N611L freezer door seal

Seems like my freezer is not sealing very well and fails the dollar bill trick. The hinges are not broken but I can tell the freezer door is ever so slightly warped...just a little bit. It's impossible to replace the sealing gasket. The bolts and screws are also tight securing the hinge. 

I wonder about adding like a thin weather or furnace stripping to the fridge so it provides just a little more height to make it seal? 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks Kirk. The freezer door is ever so slightly off. Just a hair enough to not seal.  

It doesn't frost up that much but I bet in 6 months I'd probably want to defrost. It's not frosting up enough to take away storage space. 

I can get a new door but I'll try the weather stripping to see how it works. I was just curious if there were any easy or known fixes. 

We had a door fall right off a Norcold fridge while provisioning for a limited time of freedom (work vacation pardon my language). Makes a hell of a mess to clean up sitting on the launch pad.

There was an update kit for the flimsy original hinges. 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

1 hour ago, sheldons65 said:

It doesn't frost up that much but I bet in 6 months I'd probably want to defrost. It's not frosting up enough to take away storage space. 

If it takes 6 months to frost up badly, I don't believe that you have a very serious problem. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 1 month later...

I figured out a simple solution. So far it has been working great with no negative impact. Plus there's nothing stuck on anything, easy to remove and it's very cheap. The seal will lift up allowing you to get underneath. It had a couple of inches not sealing very well in the middle of the top freezer door. 

I took some common kitchen plastic wrap and rolled up about a pencil sized piece. I stuck that up under the seal. It stays in there just fine. It added a little bit of depth to the seal to fill in the tiny gap between the gasket and fridge structure. 

IMG-2103.jpg  

I washed the seals, dried them with a hair dryer after doing what you did, placed folded up paper towels into the  expanded folds.  The hair dryer allowed the seal folds to hold their shape when cooled. I have a Norcold 1200, the fridge doors are $600 ea.; didn't bother to price freezer doors, as a new fridge would not be much more.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961