Tool Kit

gretchenhocker

I normally would take that check but I happen to know you were an attorney at one time.  I would take a check from a lot of folks, just not yours. (see, more humor, heeeheee)

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

Very funny Joe. I laughed so hard I almost fell off my chair. 😆. Glad to know you have a sense of humor. Drive safe my friend. Oh andleave me a sign that you were in Moab. I’ll be there the end of Sept. where are you staying. I got in Moab Rim RV Park. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

On 8/1/2019 at 12:34 PM, Twotoes said:

If you like cheep tools that break easy Harbor Freight is right up your alley. If you want to invest in quality tools that are long lasting and won’t need to be replaced in a couple of years then tools like Craftsman are what you should invest in. It is not just a purchase, it is an investment. 

I disagree entirely when it comes to hand tools.  I have craftsman tools from decades ago.  I have filled in the missing tools and bought extras from Harbor Freight.  I have never had any of them break or fail to work properly.  

I have read that the Harbor Freight electrical tools are junk.  I cannot speak to that.  

The older craftsman tool are a lot higher quality than the new ones can’t count how many newer ratchets I have broke. I look at estate sales or some flea markets for old tools they will outlast most new ones. I have a Williams half inch ratchet and socket set that is probably older than me (50) I will keep that and let craftsman set go when we full time 

21 hours ago, Twotoes said:

Very funny Joe. I laughed so hard I almost fell off my chair. 😆. Glad to know you have a sense of humor. Drive safe my friend. Oh andleave me a sign that you were in Moab. I’ll be there the end of Sept. where are you staying. I got in Moab Rim RV Park. 

We did that part when we initially came into Utah.  Came back to a campground just north of Panguitch (Bear Valley CG) and are staying here for another 7 to 9 days.  Did Bryce and Zion a couple weeks ago from here but came back to meet up with some friends.  Enjoy Utah when you get here.  Happy trails!

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

Gretchen,

Here's my thoughts on this as a non gearhead.  I can stumble around some things but not others.  With my Volvo 730, it's metric and I have very few metric tools and most things on the truck are big and heavy requiring a lot of half inch drive tools or larger.

The trailer is Imperial and a lot of it can be handled with either 3/8" drive or 1/4" drive sockets.  Wrenches, a standard set of Imperial.

Most issues on the rig revolve around all things electrical so I have a circuit tester and various wire connectors and fuses.

For parts, I talk to the repair people and carry a few parts that can fail.  As far as replacing those parts, I leave it to those who can and have the proper tools.

I may not have the skills to replace those parts but a truck stop repair facility would.  They may not have the parts I need but then, I do.

I don't mess with brakes or anything safety related because if I get into an accident and the authorities check and find the brakes out of spec they could ask why and ask for my service records.  If a non professional did the work, I could be leaving myself open to trouble.