Old truck, new controller

chief916

43 minutes ago, chief916 said:

Anyone out there driving a pre 2000 Volvo and using the Tuson brake controller?  If so what year is your truck and what engine does it have?

Thanks a bunch.

Ben. 

I'm using the Tuson DirectLink on my 1999 Volvo with the Cummins N14 engine, and it's working perfectly for me. Very happy with it. Jay

4 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

I'm using the Tuson DirectLink on my 1999 Volvo with the Cummins N14 engine, and it's working perfectly for me. Very happy with it. Jay

Is there any known difference to the 1998 Volvo's?  HeWhoKnowsLittle- AKA Roger Jones and I tried to have Alan at Direct Link program one for us but the communication from Direct Link really sucked.

If it was plug and play, then I'll re-investigate it.

Jim's Adventures

Old Spacecraft.... Who knows whats next

2 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Is there any known difference to the 1998 Volvo's?  HeWhoKnowsLittle- AKA Roger Jones and I tried to have Alan at Direct Link program one for us but the communication from Direct Link really sucked.

I can't speak to the 98's, but for me, it was truly plug and play. Easy peasy. No communication with the seller, just wired it up and turned it on. Jay

22 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

Thanks  Jay.  This is heartening news.  I'm yanking my toy hauler wheels today and going to replace my tires and check or replace if needed my brake backing plates then I'm on to obtaining a direct link.  I had one a couple of years ago ago but could never get it to work so I sent it back.  Later on I realized that I had a faulty ECM..my cruise control wouldn't engage.  Now I'm thinking with a working ECM I might just try the direclink again.  Again thank you for your feedback.  Just got to remember who I bought it from.

Ben

18 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Jim.. I'd be curious know what you find out.

Thanks

Ben

33 minutes ago, chief916 said:

Thanks  Jay.  This is heartening news.  I'm yanking my toy hauler wheels today and going to replace my tires and check or replace if needed my brake backing plates then I'm on to obtaining a direct link.  I had one a couple of years ago ago but could never get it to work so I sent it back.  Later on I realized that I had a faulty ECM..my cruise control wouldn't engage.  Now I'm thinking with a working ECM I might just try the direclink again.  Again thank you for your feedback.  Just got to remember who I bought it from.

Ben

I just bought mine directly from Tuson. (See what I did there? :D)   https://tusonrvbrakes.com/collections/direclink-brake-controller

Edited by Jaydrvr