Hooray for Coachnet

docj

As a result of frequent rain in Atlantic Canada over the past couple of weeks, we managed to get stuck in the mud at our CG on Prince Edward Island.  My fear was that on Canada Day, of all days, it would be difficult to get someone to winch us out.  We do weigh ~34,000 lbs and there's ~20,000 lbs on our rear axle which was deeply mired in the mud.  The only good news is that we were stuck while safely in our favorite PEI CG and the owner and others were involved helping us to figure out what to do.

I called Coachnet early in the process and, although they didn't have any specific contacts in that part of PEI they were quite willing to take the CG owner's recommendation of a CAA-certified shop with heavy wrecker capability.  Within an hour from the time I reported the issue Coachnet had arranged things with the local service facility and the owner's wife had called me to let me know they were on their way.  She was impressed that Coachnet had already provided her with a Mastercard number to use to settle the bill.  

The wrecker showed up a bit later and with the skills of the owner and his helper we were extracted from the mud in short order.  Cost to me--nothing!

sruck compressed.jpg

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

34 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Yep, that's my experience with Coach Net too.

It's not inexpensive, but quality rarely ever is!

Edited by docj

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels