Trips without RV???

Where do you leave your RV when you need to go where you can not take with? I go overseas every other year for a month to six weeks. Where would I be able to store an RV for that amount of time. I am looking at a smaller class A.

I am packing up now to leave tomorrow and the thought popped in my head. 

In rural areas you might look for farmers with room in their equipment sheds. They tend to be cheaper than RV specific places. Boat storage places also work in some areas. There are lots of the both in Minnesota, Land of 10,000 lakes, for instance. Then you can take your toad to a long term parking area which will provide a shuttle to the terminals at MSP airport.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We go overseas for 8-9 weeks every year. We find an outdoor storage yard so our solar can keep our fridge, WiFi and satellite system running. We record programs and watch them remotely from where we are in the Caribbean. We also leave our truck there and will take an Uber or Lyft to the airport. Cheaper than airport parking. We have also checked out using storage space in RV campgrounds but storage lots have been cheaper. For a one week trip we just left the RV at the current RV CG where we were with the park’s permission and payment of course. 

Vicki

Edited by Rover
typo

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

30 minutes ago, Twotoes said:

What part of the country?  Are you flying out of LAX, SF, SEA, or JFK, DFW?

I always leave from West coast. This time its SFO but last time was LAX. I have not purchased yet but plan to look more seriously when I get back to the states. 

We went to Europe for4 months. We searched for the cheapest airfares which happened to be Orlando to London England. We arranged out trip for that year to end in Orlando and being Thousand Trails members we got a deal storing the rig there and got Uber to drop us at the airport.  http://banbrv.blogspot.com/2017/05/when-time-slowed-down.html

Unfortunately we arrived back as Hurricane Irma was arriving too and beat a hasty retreat up to Alabama!

We closed the rig tight and left a large bowl of kitty litter in the living room and a big box of Damp Rid in the kitchen. We had made reflectix shades for the windows and were pleased that we had no mold or mildew anywhere. We did get what are politely called "Palmetto Bugs" in the rig and had to use Black Flag bug bombs a couple of times before we got rid of them totally (Ugh}.

We are considering doing it again in a year or so and may search for flights out of Phoenix of LA this time, and covered storage.

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

While full timing in our fiver a few years ago we decided to book an Alaska cruise out of Seattle.  With just a little research we found a CG that had special spots set aside for cruisers.  For about $5 per day you could leave it there plugged into 110.  

As full timers we certainly did not want to try to empty the frig so for 7 days this was perfect.   

There are some CG's in Florida that will let you park your RV on a site for up to a month without living in it for a reduced rate if traveling without it.  Of course that would probably only be out of season (May - November).  Upriver in North Ft Myers used to allow it for $100 a month.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)