New Lance Has Water Leaking Problems!

Hello!
My wife and I just purchased our first camper, a 2019 Lance 2185, a month ago. I wish we could say we're in love with it, but we've been having trouble with the shower leaking and water running into the living area from under the entertainment center! Upon open the hatch under the shower and under the entertainment center, we found pools of water!

We were led to believe that Lance was a superior brand, so we didn't expect to have this kind of sloppy issue. To further compound the problem, the soonest we can get it fixed under warranty is a month from now. Guess there goes our summer plans!

What recourse do we have? Obviously, water damage is a major killer of RVs and even if the leaks are fixed, how do we know there aren't other water related damage/mold?

Has anyone else had these kind of issues with newer Lance campers?

Caryl and Anna Hornberger
Fresno, CA

Welcome to the Escapee forums. No manufacturer is so good that every unit is always trouble free which is the reason for a warranty. To take a month to get to a customer in the peak season as it is now isn't uncommon, unfortunately. If you are dealing with the place that you bought the RV, try speaking to the salesperson who sold it to you as they might be able to help. You may also want to contact the manufacturer to see if they would authorize you to get it repaired by one of the mobile RV services. 

As to the problems you have, does the leak happen all of the time, or only when using the shower? If only when showering you could use the RV but take your showers in the park's facilities while you wait to get repairs. Also, the fact that it only leaks when in use would seem to indicate that the leak is in the drain pan or drain plumbing which may be owner repairable. If you can pin down where the leak is located it may be as simple as tightening a fitting.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Me I wouldn’t blow up months of use of a brand new camper over a water leak.

I would take a drive to Lancaster, CA and walk in the front door at Lance and ask for help. Something polite, along the lines of “We were passing through town with our Brand New Lance. Should it be pumping it’s fresh water on the ground out the back door via the interior?”

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

43 minutes ago, noteven said:

I would take a drive to Lancaster, CA and walk in the front door at Lance and ask for help. Something polite, along the lines of “We were passing through town with our Brand New Lance. Should it be pumping it’s fresh water on the ground out the back door via the interior?”

LOL! Sounds like a great idea to me, a couple of hours getting some practice driving/towing your new rig and driving through the pretty Tehachapi mountains, but then, what do I know? 

Seriously, if your dealer isn’t responsive, call Lance Service and see if you can’t get faster service through them. It probably is a quick fix, the issue is going to be finding out what’s wrong. I think it could have a couple of causes, but not being familiar with your model, I have no idea if they would be possible or likely.

• 10 months later...

We love our 2019 Lance 2285 purchased from Kentucky. We needed warranty work and took it to Wheelen RV in Joplin MO. The people there were knowledgeable, professional and a pleasure to work with. Call first and you'll see right away how great you get along. They will do a great job for you (without accusing you of anything). We did choose to leave it for repair and came back a week later to pick it up.