2006 Volvo going up for sale.

Pete Kildow

Seen a clean 2006 Volvo today. Owner Operator parked it 2 years ago. Has the D12 and auto trans with controls on the side of the seat. Guy let it set 2 years without running at all. Last week he was going to get it serviced. Then put it up for sale, but it was running rough. Buddy of mine, had to pull the #5 injector out today. It was bad, and leaking fuel like crazy.

If anyone is looking for a truck. Not sure what the guy is going to ask for it. But it would make someone a nice truck. Has the Dinnet and upper bunk. Its red in color, looks like new tires all around on it.  Its in West Tn, near Selmer Tn.

event.png

On 2/7/2019 at 4:29 PM, Pete Kildow said:

looks like new tires all around on it

But they've been sitting for 2 years

On 2/7/2019 at 4:29 PM, Pete Kildow said:

Owner Operator parked it 2 years ago

Lots of red flags there.  Belts, hoses, cooling system, fuel system, tires, etc.  As long as you plan for some expenses due to deferred maintenance and usage, then being a pre-def truck might work out OK.

Marcel

Guys the truck was taken care of. AS for Location Selmer Tn is a small Town. And I'm sure it will be in the guys yard tomorrow. Thus I have no ideal where in Town the owner lives. But can get the info if anyone wanted to know.

As for a Inspection, its at the best shop around. Guy know's these trucks, and can work on any of them. Coopers Diesel Service. Also don't think 2 years is going to hurt the hoses. I bougth one years ago, it had sat 9 years. Owner would start it up every few months. Run around the block, then park it. I bought that old truck. Put new fluids in, and it was still running 5 years later. And that was working hard 7 days per week.

event.png

Archived