New to me RV

maggie blair

I just bought a 2011 coachman free lander with 65,000 miles on it and I’m wondering what type of service and inspection I should have done on it? I know the oil was recently changed but other than that I have no clue as to maintenance records. Could anyone recommend the type of services that I should have completed?

Thanks in advance for your help, Maggie

Maggie Blair

Was it a rental vehicle? If so, the rental company should have the Maintenance records.

In addition to checking the tires and spare. At that age and mileage, it most likely should have had a transmission fluid and filter change. At least have the fluid inspected/tested. Also, have the coolant checked/tested/changed as necessary. Have the brake fluid tested and replaced if needed. Have the brakes inspected. Have the batteries tested.

That's my list for starters.

3 hours ago, maggie blair said:

Could anyone recommend the type of services that I should have completed?

3 hours ago, rm.w/aview said:

For starters have a look at the date stamped on the tires as well as their condition,

age-hero-580-x-330.jpg

In addition, have all fluids changed to include radiator coolant, transmission fluid, brake fluid,  and differential lubricant. Have all rubber parts checked and replaced as needed including coolant hoses, wheel brake lines, belts, and wiper blades. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, Kirk W said:

age-hero-580-x-330.jpg

In addition, have all fluids changed to include radiator coolant, transmission fluid, brake fluid,  and differential lubricant. Have all rubber parts checked and replaced as needed including coolant hoses, wheel brake lines, belts, and wiper blades. 

Thanks Kirk. I did a screenshot and will take it to the RV mechanic. 

Maggie Blair

4 hours ago, trailertraveler said:

Was it a rental vehicle? If so, the rental company should have the Maintenance records.

In addition to checking the tires and spare. At that age and mileage, it most likely should have had a transmission fluid and filter change. At least have the fluid inspected/tested. Also, have the coolant checked/tested/changed as necessary. Have the brake fluid tested and replaced if needed. Have the brakes inspected. Have the batteries tested.

That's my list for starters.

I don’t think it was a rental but since I don’t have any prior records it’s hard to tell. It’s in immaculate shape to have been a rental but that’s a possibility with all the miles. Thanks for your info. 

Maggie Blair

Archived