Windows 10 Had a Thanksgiving Weekend Stuffed With Update Bugs

RV_

Hoo boy! The Windows team is becoming more like dung beetles rolling ever larger dung balls! And the excrement is now hitting the rotting surfaces non-stop.

Excerpt:

"Nothing is certain in life but death, taxes, and Windows 10 update bugs. While we were enjoying the holidays, Microsoft acknowledged it broke everything from Windows Media Player to the sound output on some PCs.

More Broken Intel Driver Updates

At exactly 5 PM eastern time on November 21—the day before Thanksgiving— Microsoft updated the Windows 10 Update History page to note a new problem with the October 2018 Update. On some systems with Intel graphics, audio playback from a monitor or television connected via HDMI, USB-C, or DisplayPort is broken.

Microsoft says this is because Intel released the wrong versions of its display drivers to PC manufacturers. Those PC manufacturers accidentally turned on unsupported features in Windows. Microsoft then released those driver updates and didn’t catch the problem before now. In other words, Microsoft, Intel, and PC manufacturers all messed up.

Windows 10 won’t install the October 2018 Update on systems with this hardware, as an “update block” is now in place. Microsoft is working with Intel to “expire” these drivers. If the update has installed on your system and broken your sound, here’s how to fix it."

There's much more in the original article with links is here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/windows-10-had-a-thanksgiving-weekend-stuffed-with-update-bugs/

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Well, TY for the Update RV Derek!  I've turned off Updates on my most used Windows computers! Been using mostly my Android Tablet, Smartphone and Macbook Air! Maybe in a few months Microsoft will get it's **** together! If not some will get a good deal on a Windows Tablet and 2 computers! LOL!

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

I'd be with you were it not for the fun I can have finding fixes sometimes. Right now I am waiting  for the fix for their fixes!

Just when MS looks like they have a grip . . .

reactiongifs.gif

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived