Cabela's - Lexington KY

FL-JOE

Looking at the possibility of staying overnight at the Cabela's just off I-75.  Looks like they even provide a $5 dump station.  When I check Google Earth it appears there are long pull through sites on the side of the building?  Has anyone ever stayed there this time of year and how full of RVs does it get?  We probably wouldn't be pulling in until around 6 or 7pm.

UPDATE:  Had a good night at Cabela's.  Went on RVParky and gave them a good review.  Very easy to get to off I-75.  The slanted RV sites on the side of the building were all taken by commercial trucker's and one RV when we arrived.  I did not investigate the location of the dump station or check to see if it was working over there.  We arrived, found a fairly level spot in the far corner of the lot, and visited the store intending to eat.  Their deli closes at 4pm.  That was about all we were disappointed in and really didn't understand why you would close a deli that early on a Saturday.  But we love shopping at their store anyway.   Store closed at 9pm and it was very quiet and nice.  You had to listen really hard with the windows open on your RV to hear any interstate traffic.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

I don’t know about this location but the Sydney NE ( their HQ) location has a campground with full hook ups for about $25 a night or you can park in the lot for free.  The Billings MT location has RV spaces with electric and a dump station and the Omaha NE location has RV parking in the back, no hook up or dump station, both free for one night. I used freecamping.net to find them and then call the store to verify. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:33 AM, WeBeFulltimers said:

Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington is easy access and reasonably priced.

I looked at that one and it looked like they just had back in sites, which would work if we didn't have any other choice and they had a place for us to drop our toad (24' enclosed trailer).

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

11 hours ago, Twotoes said:

I don’t know about this location but the Sydney NE ( their HQ) location has a campground with full hook ups for about $25 a night or you can park in the lot for free.  The Billings MT location has RV spaces with electric and a dump station and the Omaha NE location has RV parking in the back, no hook up or dump station, both free for one night. I used freecamping.net to find them and then call the store to verify. 

I may have to make a call like Second Chance says, looks like you are most familiar with them.  That Lexington location is right off the big road and it is just the right distance for us Saturday.  I was just hoping someone on here had actually stayed in one of those sites on the side of that Cabela's in Lexington though.  

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

1 hour ago, FL-JOE said:

I looked at that one and it looked like they just had back in sites, which would work if we didn't have any other choice and they had a place for us to drop our toad (24' enclosed trailer).

Sorry, I forgot that this is not a fifth wheel forum. I trucked for 20 years and don't tow a second trailer so I don't consider back in sites an issue. Safe travels.

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

Decided I had better touch base early with that store rather than wait until just before getting there.  They said there was no problem using one of the RV sites on the side of the store.  The gentlemen thought it would be tight for an RV combination 73' long though.  He said to look it over and if we didn't fit then to just use whatever side or corner of the lot that was open.  

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Archived