Need Towing Instruction NH

CarlC

Awesome info and links TT, thanks. Our Full time years were 1997-2003. We moved into our trailer when I retired from AF.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

ND bird,

That's about where I am today. I don't carry concealed but have a gun and steel telescoping baton in my car, and a warwood hardened oak 30" thumper in my truck instead of the steel baton as the baton doesn't serve dual duty well for defense and tire checks while towing. Some states allow concealed or open carry resident or not.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Back to backing up, we use two-way radios. I check the batteries in them the evening before travel, and charge if necessary. MUCH easier than hand signals. Ours are similar to these: https://www.amazon.com/Cobra-Walkie-Talkie-Two-Way-Headsets/dp/B00VIVXV88/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1532479144&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=frs+radio&refinements=p_89%3ACobra&psc=1

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

10 hours ago, kb0zke said:

Back to backing up, we use two-way radios.

We do the same. We keep a pair of FRS radios and have also used cell phones a few times. I have Pam back there even if the RV park sends their own person to direct. I have learned not to fully trust the park employees. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

12 hours ago, kb0zke said:

Back to backing up, we use two-way radios.

The OP is travelling alone.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:03 PM, CarlC said:

I will be traveling solo so need to figure it out on my own. 

He would have to find someone to use the other radio and if it did not have Voice Activation, teach then how to use it and hope that they remember to push the "Talk Button" if they indeed need to give directions in a hurry. A cell phone in hands free mode is an option but would still require a competent spotter to give directions.

Archived