Good trick bad timming

After have lp off I usually turn on burners on to get gas flowing toward refridge. If it doesn't light right away will crack gas line at fridge. I thought I always had to turn fridge off then on to go into ignition mode. Wrong Cracked gas line and igniter cycled at same time. WOOF and a little fire. To be old and wise had to be dumb and stupid. At 68 yrs. I am not that old. The burner did light.

10 hours ago, beemergary said:

If it doesn't light right away will crack gas line at fridge.

I have never bothered to do that. I do use the stove top to vent air from the lines by lighting a burner for a minute or two before turning the refrigerator to propane after storage but have never had a need to open the gas line? 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Don't feel alone Gary, who among us hasn't made some sort of similar mistakes !!!

Of course if the gas has been turned off at the tank and time elapsed air in the lines may need purged before the fridge will light and such can test your patience lol. I don't like to crack any gas line fittings so I just wait and hear the ignitor fire a number of times but then she finally lights yayyyyyyyyyyy

Take care and be safe

John T

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:19 AM, Kirk Wood said:

I have never bothered to do that. I do use the stove top to vent air from the lines by lighting a burner for a minute or two before turning the refrigerator to propane after storage but have never had a need to open the gas line? 

I always do that too. Don't like the idea of all that cycling (wearing thing out) knowing that little orfice will take awile to bleed out.

Archived