Need a upper trailer fairing mount/support tube for 2006 Volvo 780

sclord2002

My left upper trailer fairing mount/support tube is badly rusted and in need of replacement. If anyone has or knows where I can find one of these, I would be most grateful.  There are no good wrecking yards near me. I will be at the ECR this year if anyone has an opportunity to pick up this part at their local yard. Thanks in advance.   Charlie Lord

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

Charlie, there is a HDT graveyard near RV's For Less in Knoxville. That is roughly an hour's ride away and I'm sure that Carl knows where it is. If not, I can get you there as well. The company is John Story Truck and Equipment.

http://johnstorytruckparts.com/

Try giving them a call and see if they have what you need.

2023 Thor Magnitude XG32

Thanks David.  Sent Charlie a text.  Will check with them.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Found this also.  Tried calling John Story and this place.  Only got answering machines.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

David and Carl, thanks for your leads. I will call John Story and B&B.   All you have to do is ask and you guys come through, pronto ! Looking forward to seeing everyone at the ECR.    Charlie:lol:

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at the upper supports, as mine are rusty as well, I could tell that it is just tubing, bent, flattened on the ends and drilled.

I will be purchasing the appropriate tubing and just cut , form and drill my own using the original rusty ones as templates.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

On 3/31/2018 at 9:12 AM, sclord2002 said:

My left upper trailer fairing mount/support tube is badly rusted and in need of replacement. If anyone has or knows where I can find one of these, I would be most grateful.  There are no good wrecking yards near me. I will be at the ECR this year if anyone has an opportunity to pick up this part at their local yard. Thanks in advance.   Charlie Lord

Hi Charlie,

Your repair just might fit into one of the seminars. A real show and tell. Maybe a how to also.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Archived