Blocks under Bigfoot hydraulic leveling jacks

jpcoll01

I have a Gulfstream B Touring with hydraulic levelers. My problem is that they seem to not be long enough. I have to stack several 2x10’s under the feet. This isn’t a big deal when I’m staying a few days but sometimes I just want to drop the jacks and put the slides out. Wondering if everyone else has he same experience or if there is a solution (was thinking about maybe attaching something to the bottom of the pads?)

Not long enough?  I can raise my Travel Supreme trailer wheels 12" off the ground with the BigFoot jacks fully extended.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

9 hours ago, jpcoll01 said:

My problem is that they seem to not be long enough. I have to stack several 2x10’s under the feet.

Is this the case for most locations or only when far out of level to start? I had Bigfoot levelers on our Ford F53 chassis class A motorhome and only on rare occasion did I need to do that to level but if you plan to lift the weight completely off of the suspension, then you would need extra blocks. On ours Ford said not to lift all weight from the suspension. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Try some Andersen Jack Blocks.  They are relatively new to the market, and may help with your problem.  I just bought two for my rig.

https://andersenhitches.com/Blog/2017/04/trailer-jack-blocks

https://www.amazon.com/Andersen-Hitches-2-Pack-Trailer-Magnets/dp/B0754MYT4R/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518894463&sr=8-1&keywords=andersen+jack+block

2002 NuWa HitchHiker II 31 FKTG, Onan Generator, HWH Levelling, RVFlexArmor roof

2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 Crew Cab, Long Bed, SRW, 8.1L

B&W Companion Fifth Wheel Hitch

Me and Mama and the fur-kid:
Prince - chihuahua-pug mix

Three things come to mind: Are you keeping shafts clean and lubed?  Are the tanks filled to the proper level? Get something (a straw?) to take some of the fluid out so you can see the color. Red is good. Pink/milky not so much.

George

2011 F350 6.7PSD CC 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41 RSSB4 5th Wheel

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2018 at 10:40 AM, Fulltimer51 said:

Three things come to mind: Are you keeping shafts clean and lubed?  Are the tanks filled to the proper level? Get something (a straw?) to take some of the fluid out so you can see the color. Red is good. Pink/milky not so much.

I do keep the shafts lubed with silicone spray. Unsure how to check tank level will have to figure that out. If anyone has any pointers on that I’d appreciate it. 

I’ve had BF jacks installed on 2 Class C MH in White Pigeon. I asked about lifting the rig clear of the ground and was told it was not a problem, either with capacity, or stroke.

I believe I’d give the factory a call and verify that your jacks are installed at the proper height.

Dave W. KE5GOH

Stuck in the 70's ---

In E. Texas

I made some blocks from 2x10 wood doubled up.   I would just stack them up if the slope was big.  I also made some 2" thick drive on blocks to keep the dual wheels from lifting off the ground some places as they are the only parking brakes on my coach.   I ordered a 4 pack of quality plastics blocks http://amzn.to/2BUzvXk     and received them yesterday to replace the wooden 2x10 ones that keep cracking in half. (even though I changed direction of the grain)  I was wondering why the cost so much for a bit O Plastic.  But I had read good things about these blocks and watched an rv geeks video where they were using them.  I was amazed how heavy they are, I was assuming they would be lighter than my home made wooden ones, but i think they weigh more.  

I went to every local RV/Trailer supply in San Diego to buy them but no one had them.  All I saw was really cheep looking stuff that I figure would break the first time used.

We don't head out for a couple more weeks.  They seem really well made, hopefully paying for quality works out, but time will tell.    

-Bill

2006 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QDP
Freightliner XCR, 400 hp Cummins
Toad 2014 Chevy Equinox (DWM)
Blog: http://cowlesmountain.com/Travels/

S&B San Diego

Archived