Thinking of moving to dark side ...

Morelli

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

No worries about that here.  We're in Rusty's RV Ranch, Rodeo, NM.  Our site is about 180' long.

Those are nice sites there!  Don't leave your blinds up with the rig lights on!  Hope you have some clear nights.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

On 2/5/2018 at 1:52 PM, Pug said:

Bill,

I have been following the RVH one from the start, concern I have it the fifth wheel still needs to slides from time to time, we are keeping the truck in a 6x4 configuration.  The other one you mentioned I have to find the post !!  Gotta see what he did.  Forklift / Crane not an issue for me.

Thanks so much for the info !!

We can slide the hitch on that truck 3 notches. That was the restriction with that particular setup. We could/can engineer the hitch to slide through the full range, but it affects the spacing of other elements. Not really a problem to do - just a choice to be made.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Jack,  Thanks for the information and response !  What I am looking for something along the lines of what Beemergary posted as a finished picture.  Heavy duty plate and setup on the back for pintle hookup and 3"  receiver.  Back of the frame, air ride RV fifth wheel and then the commercial fifth wheel ...  Sitting down and looking at all our stuff and how we use it, 90% is done currently with RV fifth wheel and 3" receiver.

Jack, will talk to you all when we have the truck about a deck.

22 hours ago, beemergary said:

Here's my bumper pull hitch. Angle iron and 1/4' plate with 2x2x1/4 tubing all bolted on. Flat bed is angle iron and tubing and plancking is extrudeLPxVrNhl.jpgd aluminum bleacher seating material all bolted on. Pull a 32' car hauler with living quarters. Have Mi. antique plates on truck.

I notice the bolt holes in the top and bottom of frame rails. I thought that we are not supposed to drill holes in that part of the frame, because could cause frame to crack. Don't no if I'm right that's just what someone told me.

2011 Volvo D13 485/1750  Eaton 13 Speed

2016 Montana 3820FK

Archived