Gaining Weight with a bit of balance.

Dollytrolley

22 hours ago, noteven said:

sucker rod trusses, the long way.... big turnbuckle on the one end for tuning... 

no wait this the HDT forum ... a remote actuated planetary gear DC adjustable phase converted turnbuckle on the one end,  strain sensor / laser aligned remote readout transmitted to your iphone, for tuning on the fly

Knott.....

Ya-R-Daa-Man......and MIL$pek....with Fail-$afe (oh ya) Lithiummm-power-back-$0lar-charged.

And the frame has still fractured from being "work-hardened" by it's previous life as a "rock-n-ROLL+de-vice)......

Drive on.......(Knott iz-duh-man.....)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Okay, so today I'm driving along on the interstate, looking at trucks and trailers and letting my feeble brain meander merrily along.....

It seems that bumper pulls live by a different set of rules for hitch v. gross than fifth wheels. I noticed a rather large travel trailer behind a van, and that got me thinking, always a dangerous proposition.

The longer the distance between forward and rearward most axles, the less important hitch weight becomes, regardless of where said hitch is placed.  For instance, a truck pulling doubles has the rear trailer with little to no hitch weight, but the axles are at the extremes of the trailer.  Less pitching motion means a more stable vehicle.  A four axle 5er would be more stable than a tandem, but that introduces other concerns, like tire scrub.

But. maybe everyone else had already figured this all out and I'm just now catching up.....................

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

You make good observations Rick -

It is my opinion based on observation, personal experience, and heresay evidence - that "RV" trailers lead the world in bad weight and balance design and therefore are inhereint... inhairant... inhear... come out of the factory with poor dynamic stability waiting to happen. 

Good support for the hitch apparatus aftermarket.  

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Archived