Just saying hi

Brett

I've been a lurker for a little while now and want to thank everyone for the information you've put up. I'm looking to upgrade my tow vehicle out of a SRW one ton to a semi and am still sifting the info as to which I will choose. My current RV would be laughable to tow with such a beast (8000lbs give or take) but as a full time RN on the road I'm looking to go waaaaay up in size and weight and find the info here invaluable. 

Thanks,

Brett

Welcome to the forum.  If you can work it into your schedule, you should try to get to one of the three HDT rallies.  This is the best way to get up close and personal with HDT's and their owners.  You don't have to be an HDT owner to attend a rally.  You can pick up a lot of good information and hopefully avoid some mistakes by learning what worked and didn't work for others.  The National Rally is coming up next month in Kansas.  Thea East Coast Rally is in April in Tennessee and the West Coast Rally will be in June in Idaho.  There is a sticky post in the HDT forum with the basic rally information.  Here is a link to it.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

X 3 on the welcome. My wife and I have a Freightliner pulling our 38', 9,000lb, travel trailer. Love not having to hook up weight distribution hitches and being able to climb hills without feeling we are tearing up our Excursion.

Dan & Bree

2010 Freightliner Cascadia 125, DD15, 455hp, UltraShift (Yetti, For Sale)

2015 Grand Design Reflection 308BHTS Travel Trailer (For Sale)

Archived