Here;s one for the Dolley driver

Darryl&Rita

Got up close and personal with this little darlin' the other day. Those are wide-base front's, in a 315/80R-22.5. About 9k lb, per tire. The derrick tip sits at 115 feet above ground when stood up, and extended. cMeltRMl.jpg

dSjZtcMl.jpg

I get to play with the coolest stuff.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

21 minutes ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Got up close and personal with this little darlin' the other day. Those are wide-base front's, in a 315/80R-22.5. About 9k lb, per tire. The derrick tip sits at 115 feet above ground when stood up, and extended. cMeltRMl.jpg

dSjZtcMl.jpg

I get to play with the coolest stuff.

Darryl looks cool for replacing that Mag-Drill that is just a bit too light..........after a while I suspect it might start to look like that four letter word............WORK

When I was somewhat ....."less-mature" we leased a couple of these 550 ton Grove cranes.......first morning was pretty "cool" then you find out the ......."rest of the story".........stripped bare-bones ready to wonder down the road the beast was a tad over 

+1 8 5, 0 0 0 Pounds and that did not include the various hook-blocks that could weigh in at up to +8 , 7 0 0 Pounds........

https://www.manitowoccranes.com/en/cranes/grove/grove-products/all-terrain/GMK7550

For a 5 0 0, 0 0 0 Pound lift......... it took 21 to 25 flat bed and low-boy truck loads (Each Way) for way too many counter-weights (2 2, 5 0 0 pounds each), out rigger pads ( 8 " thick steel plates 10 ft wide 14 ft long each) and don't forget the rigging often we would have three truck loads of straps, chokers, spreader bars (250 ton spreader bar 2 0 ft long = 7, 8 0 0 pounds) kevlar straps that cost more that the new KW truck that hauled them to the job site..........

Now if the job involved a high lift (+400 feet ) then add another three to six truck loads of jibs and more and more and more rigging.....

Oh ya one other ......"little detail"..........call up the DOT engineer and find out how many bridges you can't drive over on your little road trip......(answer NONE).........(some times we had to take a barge ride to cross the Columbia river)........

Ya the first hour was cool and then it turned into ..........WORK.

Drive on..........(Cool is a four letter word that some times turns into .........WORK)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Maybe it's just me, but when some young engineer says "heavy lift" and "hydraulic" in the same paragraph, I know I'm gonna spend several days reading the manual to see what you REALLY have to do to make the lift. Then, you get to compare that to a good crawler. What? Manitowoc? Just toe it up on 2 X 12 oak pads (yes, there's a chart for that). then reach out there & get up on it.  On a 4100, if you get more than 13 rollers off the ground, you're gonna have a really bad day.

Just makes me all tingly....

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Archived