Green cable

cadonnelly

For those of you who have installed the jackalope, you know what I am talking about.  On my 630 the wire harness/cable for the truck trailer is green and curly.  It connects at the rear of the truck cab.  I am mounting my jackalope on the rear wall of the storage compartment.  Trailer cable all good, what have you folks done with the truck trailer harness.  Leave the connector attached and cut off the cable a few feet from the connector?  Take the connector off and connect with wire splices?  Is there enough slack in the green cable to cut off the connector and get the green cable inside the storage compartment?

Thanks for the help, and if u do not know what i am talking about, neither do I

Chuckd

Stillwater Mn

I just cut off the connection and used the cable.  Was plenty of length.  Jackalopee in front section of storage compartment.XZgUe0Ul.jpg

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I cut the green cable as close to the connector as possible and ran it into the drivers side jockey box. There was *just* enough length to reach the junction block that feeds my Jackalopee. 

It would not have reached the Jackalopee by itself. 

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

4 hours ago, Av8r3400 said:

I cut the green cable as close to the connector as possible and ran it into the drivers side jockey box. There was *just* enough length to reach the junction block that feeds my Jackalopee. 

It would not have reached the Jackalopee by itself. 

Hi Chuck,

The same thing happened on my truck also. I cut as close as possible to the connector. I tried to make the green cable as long as possible. I can post a picture of the connection if you want me to. Just let me know.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Archived