sleeper bed replacement

toskey

can anyone share "tips" in converting the rear sleeper area from a bed to rear seat couch or seats to carry my family.  Young children.  Have a 70"sleeper  peterbilt 379 truck.  If you can share photos or links it is appreciated.

2008 PETE 389

RAPTOR TOY HAULER

I just replaced my bunk with a jackknife from a toy hauler rv. It is only 62-65 in long would have liked one a litlle longer but can set 3 grand kids just fine. I just asked my local rv dealer if they had one in a old trailer or something. They called me back in 2 days and had one that came out of a new toy hauler the buyer did not want. $400 brand new the previous owner of the truck had already put in 2 seat-belts so i just have to add 1 more. Now the board that the mattress was on had a angle iron across the front so i put in a 3/4 pc to raise the frame and bolted  the frame of sofa to the bed base so I can still raise the bed base to access storage from inside. Since the sofa is a little short I will build armrest with cup holders on both sides and more that likely USB and 110 power as well. Kids have to have their gadgets helps me keep my sanity. Still working on this project will see about pics.

2011 CAN-AM Spyder Rt SE5, 2010 Alpine 5th wheel, 1998 Vovlo VNL610

Hopefully 2 years 6 month till full time retirement.

Here are some pictures of the sleeper in my T2000.  I added a rear seat out of an MDT with the sub-framing.  The framing is bolted through the floor of the sleeper with larger fender washers for additional support.  The seat and framing already had three seat belts attached to it (lap belts only).  The MDT seat will seat three comfortably and folds down in the middle to expose some cup holders.  I added some end tables on either side of the seat to close the gap between the side of the sleeper and the seat.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Archived