Kenworth 600

raychristina

pictures.png  12
Diesel Fuel Type; Tandem Axle; Maroon Color; Engine Brake; 86 in Raised Roof Sleeper; Drive Side: Left Hand Drive; I have for sale a 2006 kenworth T-600 86" studio sleeper, which is equipped with a couch that pulls out to a bed, a fridge, and all the other goodies.. The truck has 584,000 origina...
For Sale Price: USD $35,000
Mileage: 584,000 mi
Engine Manufacturer: Caterpillar
Horsepower: 475
Transmission: Ultrashift

Tommy Osborn
Bronson, Florida

They stopped making truck engines because they didn't want to play the BS emissions game.

I've put hundreds of thousands of miles on Cat engine in work and play. Best engine going as far as Im concerned. 

Mike

2000 W900L KW
Singled, C15 CAT 475 HP 18 sp, 3:36 rear, power locker,ET Hitch,,22.5 rubber

2011 Excel 36CFE Limited

photo2_zpse35f7a55.jpg

Ahhh good point. I've never dealt with the twin turbos but now that you mention it, I have heard some negative things about them.

Mike

2000 W900L KW
Singled, C15 CAT 475 HP 18 sp, 3:36 rear, power locker,ET Hitch,,22.5 rubber

2011 Excel 36CFE Limited

photo2_zpse35f7a55.jpg

I to am Cat fan and have a 3406e. The twin turbo c 15 had good and bad but most the bad was due to horrible fuel mileage but that can be fixed with a re flash in most cases. If I was looking the price of this truck would be of interest. All motors have issues. In our use of it checks out good chances are we are not going to have a ton of issues. With that said, that yellow paint on Cat parts is really gold. They are not cheap and I don't care what model you have. 

Depending on what year it is the c15 could be an issue. During the years of the bridge motors when Cat was still putting motors in but on their way out due to not playing the emissions games and the Acert motors there were some very unhappy customers. I cannot remember off the top of my head what years those were. I really don't know much about any of them after the early 2000s when the emissions stuff started popping up. 

After running Cat engines (all various versions of the 3406 ending just before the bridge engines) ranging from 350hp up to 600hp with no more problems than the guys running Detroit, Cummins, Volvo, etc I would have no issues with a Cat engine, however I have heard from the parts guys at the Freightliner dealership I use for my motorcoach that hard parts for Cat on-highway products are getting EXPENSIVE (they say some fuel system parts are up to 5times the cost that they used to be). 

If the unit was low miles (either overall or since rebuild) I wouldn't give a second thought to purchase.

There is nothing sweeter than the sound of a properly tuned Cat 3406E 600Hp running through 8inch straight pipes (the low frequency rumble is awe inspiring).

Archived