Need help finding tractor/trailer air protection valve

GlennWest

My air lines were removed by bed builder. Going to be installing Bludot shortly. I tried searching on net for picture of it so I could identify it. Any one know where it suppose to be on my freightlner. I did find a 3/8" line and used it for air supply to quick disconnect and it only has air with trailer brake air turned on. There is also a larger line under there capped off. I assume these are the lines but both are black colored. I traced that large line to what i assume to be the protection valve. It does have exhaust at bottom. Which is supplied and signal, large or smaller?

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

ok, found protection valve. What was throwing me is color changes. The redish line coming out changes to black. It is now on a quick disconnect at rear for air tools, tires, etc. It is 3/8" also, this was confusing me cause all I read they are 1/2" lines. It is also 3/8" coming out of protection valve. The large line coming out of valve appears to be black. It goes to rear of truck and capped off. So if I correct the 1/2" line is service and redish line emergency. Right?

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

50 minutes ago, dan412 said:

Yes red line is the emergency line.

Red line is trailer supply. Without it, the maxi's (aka spring brake) are employed.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Archived