East Coast Rally Summary

SuiteSuccess

Wanted to once again thank everyone for their attendance at the rally.  Few glitches but overall think things went pretty well.  We will be going over all the surveys and incorporating several ideas for the future.  One point we will try to devote more attention to next year is finding and building an RV Hauler on a limited budget.  We had some excellent presentations on newer and new truck conversions but feel we slighted those whose budget is much leaner.  Gregg touched on the subject but think we could add more from those who have done it.  Again I am always grateful to all our presenters and helpers.  

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Donna and Carl thanks again for all your hard work.  Excellent idea on a budget build.  I was noticing quite a number of first gen Volvo trucks still in commercial service on the way home so there must be some very good candidates out there.  I did talk to one fellow at the rally with a cosmeticly challenged but mechanically sound Volvo he found at an unbelievable price.

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

13 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Wanted to once again thank everyone for their attendance at the rally.  Few glitches but overall think things went pretty well.  We will be going over all the surveys and incorporating several ideas for the future.  One point we will try to devote more attention to next year is finding and building an RV Hauler on a limited budget.  We had some excellent presentations on newer and new truck conversions but feel we slighted those whose budget is much leaner.  Gregg touched on the subject but think we could add more from those who have done it.  Again I am always grateful to all our presenters and helpers.  

Hi Carl,

P/M sent.      Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

No part of the rally was not both fun and educational. Jenney and I had such a good time, thanks to all that helped make our 5th ECR a pleasant memory.
qAGWmfJ889Bdjt-zH3BtSKPhf6AsFMf7WxBbny8e

Yamaha V-Star
2007 Kenworth T2000 tandem aircutter
ThermoKing TriPack
2003 Holiday Rambler 36' Presidential
short trips-88 Allegro on Astro

LOL, Carl and Charlie look awful clean up there. Wonder who the nut was under the truck? The good thing about the ECR is the way that everyone pitches in to help and get things done. I think we had 5 or 6 at one point on this project.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

3 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

LOL, Carl and Charlie look awful clean up there. Wonder who the nut was under the truck? 

Hey David.  My momma didn't raise no fool! ?  Good thing that "nut" had lots of tools.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

15 minutes ago, Mntom said:

Carl, you pulling your hitch again?

No.  Replacing push in airline connectors on airbags that were leaking.  Hole wasn't big enough thru 1/2" plate to get thin wall socket in to replace them.  Henry, if you're listening, drill the holes larger.  We raised the tray and unscrewed the bags above and below and pulled all four out.  Then put brass extensions and push to connects.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Hi Everyone,

Is there any thoughts on a low budget build for the truck bed ? It would be nice to see if there is any interest is this subject.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

3 minutes ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Everyone,

Is there any thoughts on a low budget build for the truck bed ? It would be nice to see if there is any interest is this subject.

Al

Marc Jones and I are doing a bed building seminar at the National Rally. We will address budget bed builds. Lots of people have done wooden decks of various descriptions. Or done just steel flatbeds. If you do the work yourself you can do it fairly cheap....but you will still have $2-4K in it for anything decent. 

If you have pictures of your "budget build" I'd love to have them for our presentation. Email them please...jackdanmayer
AT   gmail

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Didn't get a chance to see you and thank you for the great job before we pulled out Carl. We pulled out cpl days early so we could stop and visit an ex HDTer in Indiana.

Thanks so much for all your hard work!

I didn't get a chance to put anything in the suggestion box, but I was thinking a Smart car poker run might be something to consider. Been on many poker runs on motorcycle and I think it might be alot of fun doing it with a bunch of smart cars.

2000 W900L KW
Singled, C15 CAT 475 HP 18 sp, 3:36 rear, power locker,ET Hitch,,22.5 rubber

2011 Excel 36CFE Limited

photo2_zpse35f7a55.jpg

Archived