Portable Power Supply - not gas

Vegas Teacher

Has anybody been to Costco lately and seen one of these:

https://www.costco.com/Goal-Zero-Yeti-1000-Lithium-Portable-Power-Station.product.100338966.html

This is a new power supply that I saw at Costco the other day. I thought of putting in the storage compartment under my refrigerator just a a power back up to but to power some simple things and also hook it up to charge while I was driving to my destination.

I could run simple things like a small heater or frying pan etc.......

What do you all think. The other thing I wonder is it cost effective - no it is not cheap but does the benefit out way the cost?

Later,

Vegas Teacher 

1. your examples of a heater or frying pan are definitely high current draw devices.

2. from the expanded "details" of the link:  " 110V AC Inverter (ouput, pure non sine wave "  -- ! ? non sine wave ? !

3. also from link:  " Pack capacity: 1045WH (10.8V, 96.8Ah) " -- seems a lot smaller than the "package" in which it lives.

Personally, I would not be too excited about this.

So basically you're buying a 1500 watt non-sine wave inverter, a charger and a lithium battery that has the same usable capacity as a pair of 6 volt golf cart batteries discharged to 50%.

You could add an inverter and extra batteries to your existing 12 volt system for much less ... probably a third to a half of the cost of this goodie.

Hardly a bargain at a kilobuck.

Archived