Water Filter Store

lappir

Happy Holidays all,

I have not bought anything from them, but was considering today when I went to the site noticed a not indicating "coming soon, new website and new ownership" Will those who have used in the past continue? I had a place in South Florida that would test my water and help with my filter selection. I had some smelly water there. Have had good water since leaving and my filter in the clear holder still looks as good as the day i installed it. Am replacing my carbon filter today. It's been in there longer than I remember. Haven't tried to locate a place to test in Tallahassee, Water seems good right out of the faucet.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

So, one of the reasons for my looking at the Water Filter Store, was for a UV unit addition to my system. With all the "Fracking" and further contamination of our ground water it's seems pretty important to have a complete system for providing clean water for your RV. When I had my trailer built I specified a three filter system with a large prefilter followed by a smaller fine filter and a carbon filter being the last in line. I have decided that I need to modify that with a water softner being second in line and I want to change the location of the filters, the "city water" connection and make everything removeable to be able to do the filter changes without having to duck under my "basement" door and get water all over the basement floor. I know some use the Reverse osmosis activity but I'm not sure I want to really go all that far. My thought for the plan is filter, soften, into the onboard water tank. The UV unit would be hooked to a independent circulation pump that would have continuous flow in and out of the tank with a 20 gallon tank placed on top of my existing 100 gallon as a UV holding with an over flow back into the big tank. Taking a shower would be probably the only time I would empty a 10 gallon tank with a 2 gpm refill, so I think doubling that should work. I am also thinking I want to put in a pressure tank to provide constant pressure and less water pump cycling . I don't know if I want to put a automatic fill for my water tank so I can keep connected to "City" water constantly as I am currently doing or if it's best to just fill the tank when it's a little under half full. Suggestions or comments?

The cool weather won't last all that long here and I really prefer not to sweat when I am involved in some of these projects. Time to get back outside.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Always had good service from the RV Water Filter Store but i guess everyone has a time to retire. We can only hope that the new owner maintains the same mixture of products focused on RVers.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Why have a pump circulating the water through the uv light. Seems like a waste of a pump. Typically a uv light is mounted close to the point of use faucet and ice maker. No need to uv the water for the toilet etc. Remember to limit the flow based on the size of the uv bulb. Most uv setups tell you the maximum gpm allowed to kill the bacteria. Also understand uv bulbs get weaker with time so need to change bulbs every so many hours of use. On the subject of filters, no filters except a DI filter which needs changed regularly will replace reverse osmosis. I hope this did make more confusion.

2002 Beaver Marquis Emerald   C-12 Cat 505 HP

2014 Volvo 630 D-13 I Shift SOLD

2017 New Horizons SOLD

We have used this store online for years. I just ordered and received a new pump, accum, and hoses. Yes new owner and is still in some transition. Rick and Dave are working together right now while changing over.

Order fast and easy. Even talked with Dave on phone.

Good outfit.

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

Archived