Computer Settings Problem? Or

Capt Joe

Have an irritating thing going on with a Windows 10 computer.

When I open a web page, the page opens fine but after it opens, it will shift up, or sometimes down, about 3 lines. It is really frustrating when you are attempting to click on a link and just as you click, the link jumps and strange things happen. The best thing is that you just miss clicking the link but quite often you manage to click on a different link and sometimes an advertisement jumps up and you wind up looking at a different web site that you don't want to look at.

I am hoping that there is simply a setting I have missed that allows this to happen.... or something else is happening.

Oh yeah, it is happening on multiple sites ranging from medical drug plan site, physician portals, to Escapees and many more.... actually I can't remember one off hand that doesn't do it.

Any help, suggestions, etc. will be greatly appreciated.

Capt Joe

P.S. Same thing is happening with my e-mail..... Windows Live Mail.

Capt Joe

2004 Winnebago Brave 32v on WH20 Chassis w/8.1L and Allison

Joe,

You don't say what web browser you are using, but it sounds like pop-ups and other stuff continuing to load might be causing the issues you are experiencing. I have had good results using Chrome with the addition of the AdBlock, AdBlock Plus, and Poper Blocker (don't know why they didn't spell it "Popper") extensions. These stop 99% of all the junk (and I like Chrome a lot more than the Microsoft browsers).

You also don't say whether you're using the Windows Live Mail client on your local PC or simply accessing your Live Mail account via the web browser. Just FYI, Microsoft changed some of the architecture and protocols on their mail servers so they're no longer compatible with the (pre-Windows 10) Live Mail client for the local PC. This goes for all MS mail accounts - Live Mail, Outlook, etc. I like to use a local email client rather than just a web browser, so I have moved to eM Client, a free email client with full syncing abilities for email, calendar, and contacts.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

Archived