Have a Samsung Galaxy Note 7?

skp51443

If you do you might want to read up on the battery issues and put it in a fire-proof spot to charge.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/09/09/florida_man_burned_by_samsung/

Samsung's ill-fated Galaxy Note 7 is once again being blamed for causing a serious fire.

A man in St Petersburg, Florida, claims that while charging inside his truck, the phablet combusted and caused a massive blaze that totalled his Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Lydia Dornacher told Tampa Bay news station Fox 13 that she and her husband Nathan were attending a Labor Day garage sale Monday morning when he plugged the Note 7 into the truck's center console to recharge.

The family said that while they were away, the Note 7 caught fire inside the car.

The blaze was discovered when the couple's daughter and family service dog returned to find the Jeep engulfed in flames.

There is a recall in effect so you might want to get yours swapped out ASAP.

If you do you might want to read up on the battery issues and put it in a fire-proof spot to charge.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/09/09/florida_man_burned_by_samsung/

There is a recall in effect so you might want to get yours swapped out ASAP.

They do not have any good product to SWAP out. I think, if you want that size, you will have to go to another brand. If smaller is okay, Samsung has something for you right now

The stylus is a key factor for me. The Galaxy 7 and Galaxy 7 Edge do not. That really limits the market. I would prefer to wait with my Note 7 until Samsung has a replacement Note 7.

My Note 5 has a stylus and I love it. Maybe request a Note 5 as a temp until the 7 is fixed and back on the market.

We do have one got it the day it came out. We are on the list for a new G7 and are advised it should be before the end of the month. We were also advised that the fire while charging was when using after market chargers that did not shut down after the phone was fully charged. we are dealing with Best Buy.

38 failures out of 2.5 million phone are pretty good odds.

Today, under pressure from the other person in the RV, I took my Note 7 to the Verizon store and switched it out for a Note 5 pending the release of the improved the Note 7. I was willing to stick in there until the direct replacement was ready. But what Mama wants, Mama gets.

While we were at Verizon, we also upgraded Mama from a Galaxy S5 to a Galaxy S7.

• 2 weeks later...

I find this entire thing quite entertaining! Does anyone remember how wonderful the bag-phones were when they were introduced? :lol:

I wonder what the effect would be if your phone were to burn up the RV, after a recall has been issued and they could demonstrate it?

• 3 weeks later...

I think everyone should buy any phone they want to, consistent with their tolerance for risk

I have owned iPhones since the came out in 2007, but I also have owned Apple stock for longer than that. I have a high level of positive regard for the company.

The second Note 7 went back to Verizon because the texts demanding return got pretty hard. I have a Note 5 now. I am getting pretty good at switching phones: Note 2, Note 7, Note 5, Note 7, Note 5.

I'll have to wait until whatever Samsung comes out with to replace the Note 7 which probably won't be called a Note.

We do have one got it the day it came out. We are on the list for a new G7 and are advised it should be before the end of the month. We were also advised that the fire while charging was when using after market chargers that did not shut down after the phone was fully charged. we are dealing with Best Buy.

38 failures out of 2.5 million phone are pretty good odds.

Unless you are one of the 38 ....

Archived