Inverter Choice

alan0043

Remember there is also the ultracap (Engine Start Module) if you are a small/medium house power user. You put it in, do a couple wiring changes at the starter & firewall and now the truck starts on the ultracap and your three original batts are now truck run & house. Yes it is expensive but starting clean sheet it may pencil out for you. Time wise too - you can't show off a partly done new truck at the upcoming rally! ;)

Do you know what size is your fuse ? 250 amp or 300 amp ? I will also use welding cables because of it being more flexible.

If you're going with the Xanny 1800 I wouldn't go any larger than a 250adc T type. I really like the Blue Sea block with cover, but I'm sure there are less expensive option available if you shop around.

On edit: I probably should have added.. you also want to consider the amp rating of your wiring. If it is lower than the max draw of your inverter then fuse accordingly.

If you're going with the Xanny 1800 I wouldn't go any larger than a 250adc T type. I really like the Blue Sea block with cover, but I'm sure there are less expensive option available if you shop around.

On edit: I probably should have added.. you also want to consider the amp rating of your wiring. If it is lower than the max draw of your inverter then fuse accordingly.

That is what I have Yarome. I mounted it on my battery rails as can be seen on the right in this pic.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I had my personal debate along this line. I decided each device for it's purpose was better. The newer xantech were starting to get very bad reviews. I have a Samlex 2000W inverter, and a ProMariner 40 amp 4 stage charger. I am very satisfied with my system.

That is what I have Yarome. I mounted it on my battery rails as can be seen on the right in this pic.

Fuse buddy! :lol:

post-44727-0-12297700-1471198884_thumb.jpg

Good gear, that.. Blue Sea. Certainly isn't the cheapest, but I've never once had a component failure/corrosion/resistance issue with any of their stuff.

The newer xantech were starting to get very bad reviews. I have a Samlex 2000W inverter

That seems to be the ongoing theme with most mid-class import makers "newer" roll-outs. Samlex isn't immune to that phenomenon. Their older PST series are 'known' little workhorses I don't hesitate to recommend, but their newer SSW series are plagued with ongoing issues. Xantrex has a fairly consistent record. In general.. they are great little units... or... they fail nearly right out of the box. The hardest thing with them though is getting repairs and warranty work done. For the price points and long established history though, they remain a good option for many.

On the flip side.. the past couple of years have seen some really intriguing stuff coming onto the market. Kisae had a bit of a wobbly beginning but they seem to have ironed out most of the kinks and are offering some really feature rich lower cost options in nice compact packages. Hard for me to have an opinion on how they hold up over time or what their warranty/repair record is like, but it looks promising and worth a look.

Archived